CHAPTER 11

Myles

She is so cute...

My eyes couldn't stray from her sleeping figure. Only now I was thanking everything in the universe that I didn't have my car. If only this moment could carry on forever, but sadly the mall was steadily approaching, or at least the bus stop close by to it. 

Waking her up would be abominable but also I wouldn't want her to be upset that we passed our stop. Getting in my last looks I shook her slightly. 

She made a little incoherent mumble snuggling closer into me, I felt the blood rush up to my cheeks and my eyes grew wider. It wasn't like I've never had a girl close to me before, but it usually was never one I actually liked. Daysha had a few passes at me but I wouldn't let her do anything other than speak to me which made her give up and crawl back to either Devon or Jake.

But Alissa... she felt like a hidden gem, the feeling of finding a favourite song that no one knows or a niche hobby that brings you comfort. No one else might understand the happiness but I do. I'm not sure whether to call it love as much as I call it comfort. She might not even like me at the end of the day. She really hasn't had a good impression of me, she only thinks of me as the dangerous one or the loose cannon. A frown formed on my face at the thought.

The feeling of sadness was quickly whisked away from her waking from her nap.

I stared at her going stiff as a board careful not to wake her up with any sudden movements, but in a bus, you can only do so much. I watched as her head bobbed around quickly bringing her back to earth.

Trying not to let her get hurt I reached a hand over to support her but froze midway. Would she even want me touching her? Seeds of doubt planted themselves in my mind and I swiftly retracted my hand, in the end, she accidentally hit her head on the back window of the bus and came to.

"Ouch!" She said out loud her hands rushing to the back of her head to soothe the pain.

"Oh, you're awake," I uttered looking away, I felt a little bad that I didn't help her in the end.

"Are.. we here yet?" I looked back at her surprised. We had passed it just now and I forgot to wake her. Shit, this is all my fault. Shoulders rising and falling, I took a deep breath and made a stiff smile, I probably looked boarish in her eyes with such a smile but how else would I tell her we might have to walk a few blocks back to get to a mall that she probably didn't even want to be at. 

Do what you've always done best Myles. I heaved a tired sigh relaxing my expression. "We passed it, you were asleep and I..." Heat crept up to my cheeks making me face away to maintain my composure. "You were sleeping so soundly I... I didn't want to wake you." The words tumbled out of my mouth, my expression not matching it at all. I was facing forward, deadpanned. An elderly lady looked my way but swiftly looked away, I must have startled her. If I was scaring an old lady I wondered what Alissa was thinking right now...

"Well, we could just get off at the next stop! I needed the exercise, even though I just finished running from a gang of unhinged cheerleaders a little walk wouldn't hurt." I could sense her anxiety from here, with that I stood up and pulled the cord to signal our stop. Unknowingly I lent her an outstretched hand. I only noticed when she placed her hand in mine. 

My head did a swivel in her direction and her hand promptly pulled away from mine. Once again I'm left disappointed because of my own actions. 

Clearing my throat I wait for the bus to come to a full halt before saying "Alright, let's get off." She jumps to her feet steadily following behind me. I couldn't help but laugh a little bit to see her marching behind me like some sort of soldier, her shoulders were so stiff.