CHAPTER 7

Myles

All this talk of her being fiesty and whatnot was out of character, was he sure we saw the same person? Although she was relentless when facing Daysha she wouldn't have that same confidence with us would she?

I can't deny it the thought of her putting Devon in his place makes me chuckle, but wouldn't that be a little out of nowhere though, Mr. I get the girls suddenly silenced by a girl. Making my way to her and Jake I could only get the remnants of their conversation.

"...don't do that again okay?" Jake spoke wearily as if he was her father or someone of the sort. I can't help but roll my eyes everytime he starts trying to educate one of us, right now I hope she uses her smart mouth on him like she did Devon. Again I smirk at the thought, and almost like a switch she pushes his hands off her shoulder and walks away silently not before pushing me with her shoulder, no words were said but I heard her loud and clear.

My type of girl...kind of...

Following behind her she looked like she was and wasn't having it, kind of when people are meant to be mad but they're happy. Jake was still lacking behind, probably stunned that someone wasn't having his parental bullshit.

I was hoping the crowd would mask what could be seen as almost stalking– it really isn't but I'd get my card taken away if I get arrested again. Shoving my hands into my pockets trailing closely.

She kept looking left and right, probably to find her siblings. I would be of help but it doesn't look like she wants that right now. As long as the events from earlier today don't play out again I'd be fine by that alone.

I assume I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and hit a burly looking man. "Watch where you're going kid." Instinctively I rolled my eyes and the man and just walked around him hoping I could still keep track but this guy...he grabbed my shoulder turning me back to him, she's probably already our of my sight at this point and I can feel the anger building up.

Breathe

That's what I always tell myself, I can't get into trouble one more time. Use your words. I take one more deep breath and look the the man. "Look dude, I'm in a hurry."

"Too much of a hurry to apologize?" He laughs, nothing here was funny– it was actually getting worse. "You kids today have no manners do you, it's always the scrawny one's like you that talk the most sh-" He couldn't finish that sentence of his before my first flew to his face.

Oops I did it again...

I shook off my hand staring at the stunned man. "If you want to punch me back go ahead, either way it's not going to end well for you today." This was a little unnecessary but it gets under my skin when people think they can educate me on bullshit. I kept a blank stare with the man as he recoiled to send a punch my way before getting stopped by an equally angry Jake.

"Way to steal my thunder huh..." He glared at the man and back at me. "Sir please leave us be, he didn't do anything wrong to you did he? Besides that punch which can be easily reimbursed." Jake let the mans hand down and placed a wad of cash in it. "Now please excuse me and my friend." Smiling he took me by his side his grip on my shoulder tight enough to show his contempt.

"So Myles, you mind telling me what the fuck happened back there?" He whispered but it still sounded like he was yelling. "Well let's see, that bastard was in my way, he started telling me off about shit I didn't care about, and I punched him in the face." I explained to him nonchalantly trying to shrug his arm off my shoulder. "Look, I'm not ready to fight let's just find Alissa alright?" He nodded and I finally got a chance to pull away from that hand of his.

*

We got to the parking lot without a word exchanged and no sight of Alissa, lo and behold she was in the parking lot with Devon once again, this time they looked like they were having a laugh over something.

The look of destain on my face deepened, what could be so funny that they were all laughing.

As we walked towards them all we could hear was childlike giggles and full on laughter. "What's so funny here guys?" Jake spoke up, I just stayed and stared, non of the words I could be saying right now would be polite.

"Oh, pfft–" Alissa could only laugh making the situation only more irritating. "Ali, wanted to find us but Devon was trying to win me a stuffy." The little girl spoke and Kaden erupted in more laughter. "How do you throw that bad! You flung that thing too!"

From what I could get was they were laughing at the expense of Devon. "Okay, so I was heading to Devon with Kaden, and I see him chuck the ball so hard. I honestly thought he won them a prize but then I see the ball bounce back and hit him in the face!" As angry as I was I couldn't avoid chuckling at that part. Jake couldn't hold a straight face too. "At least he gave me the plushie." Devon shrugged feeling proud of himself.

"Yeah! Out of pity!" Alissa was doubling over cackling. The tiny twins started giggling a lot harder. Devon's hands flopped by his side, him also laughing.

"Thank you for the effort though, and I owe you an apology for what I said in the ferris wheel. It was out of line." Our chuckles came to an abrupt halt when we realized he really wasn't lying, Devon gave her this bashful grin, was this the same Devon I saw for the last 10 years of my life?

He looked at us and quickly stopped whatever the hell he was doing. "Time to go home?" He offered and Alissa nodded following behind him with her siblings, they were still chatting and giggling about God knows what this time.

"Ditched again I see...well what can we do about it." Jake walked to his car and I trailed far behind. So not only can I not make her smile but she doesn't give a damn about me more than she does Devon and Jake. Am I just a shadow here?

—————
A/N

This is a bit of a late Christmas present to the people who still read this book. Happy safe holidays, and I'll work on the Myles arc TRUST ME he'll get love I swear.