two

IZZIE DIDN'T HATE A LOT OF PEOPLE, but Evan Chapin was on that small list. There was no reason for Izzie to hate Evan. He was a perfectly nice guy, and he didn't do anything to her. But he had the one thing she wanted most, and she could do nothing about it.

Constantly, Izzie had to remind herself that Casey herself had chose Evan. It wasn't Evan's fault; it was Casey's decision. Although, now, Izzie wasn't so sure there was even a choice involved. The brunette didn't really seem to deliberate when deciding to stay with Evan. She didn't even seem to consider Izzy a worthy candidate. From the moment she hard-kissed him in the stairwell during her birthday party, she had shut the door on Izzie. Izzie wasn't sure what the almost kiss nor the hand holding meant anymore. It was probably platonic. Friends held hands, friends experimented with one another, so there was no meaning left to whatever happened those nights.

At least, that's what it seemed like for Casey.

Izzie sighed, running a hand through her hair before turning around to continue working. She had picked up a job as a busgirl for the local diner, Gloria's. Usually, the job solely consisted of cleaning tables and clearing glasses, which was gross, but the restaurant was understaffed this night, so Izzie also worked as a waitress. She technically hadn't been trained for it - hell, she hadn't even been trained to bus tables - but she was a natural. As the night drew on, her tips grew higher and higher, and she realized that the waitressing gig wasn't that bad. She could do this for the next couple of years.

At least, she thought that until she saw the next couple come in. Casey and Evan. Izzie cursed under her breath, trying to get to the hostess' stand before they did. She couldn't serve the. She just wouldn't be able to handle it."

"Kat," Izzie muttered under her breath to the hostess, "I beg you, please don't put the next couple in my area."

Kat studied the table assignments, then shook her head, "Wish I could do something, but you have the only free tables. Sorry, Iz."

Izzie sighed, "I get that. Thanks for trying."

She walked away briskly, pretending that she hadn't seen the couple before walking through the doors. She moved to another table, where she was serving a crowd of rowdy college boys. Boys were possibly the easiest customers. She didn't work at a bar, but it didn't take her long to realize that guys were a fan of what she brought to the table. They always tipped high if she played her cards right, and it was near impossible to play them wrong.

"Hey boys," she smiled knowingly. "Have we gotten an order yet?"

"Yeah," one of them said, smirking. "We want 15 hamburgers, all with fries."

There were 5 of them. Izzie gagged a little bit, trying to hide it while realizing how gay she truly was. Guys were absolutely gross. She thought that Nate was one of the grosser ones, but hearing about these boys consuming three hamburgers with sides of fries in one mean was possibly the worst thing ever. At least Nate had that Clayton preppiness and decency. At least until he kissed Casey.

Fucker.

Izzie was suddenly mad again, but she knew she had to feign happiness if she wanted to avoid a yelling from her boss. Luckily, she hadn't shown the anger just yet, so the guys were still in the dark about her true emotions right now.

"Alright guys," she began collecting their menus, still grinning, "it'll be out shortly."

When she got to the last guy, he lingered a little bit on the menu, reaching his hand up to make contact. Izzie maintained her cool, realizing that he was coming onto her. Izzie had to admit that he was kinda cute. He had a boyish charm, with messy brown hair and green eyes, but she wasn't going to do anything more than flirt for the tip. She sent him a smooth wink with a smirk, and without skipping a beat, she was headed back into the kitchen to send the order. While she was walking, she heard those boys talking.