four

IZZIE PICKED UP THE PHONE, a smile on her face after checking the caller ID. It was really early for the summer, but Izzie didn't mind. She was up anyway, and she would have to be really stupid to dodge calls from Sawyer. The two girls had seen one another a couple times briefly, in larger groups with other people, but they had been texting often for the past week. Izzie wasn't sure why Sawyer was calling, but she wasn't going to question it.

"Hey," Izzie answered in the most casual voice she could manage.

"Good morning cutie," Sawyer responded in a slightly husky voice, before coughing a little. "How are you?"

The raven-haired girl could imagine Sawyer, laying on her bed in her eggshell room, grinning as she said that. She pictured that perfect smile, with straight white teeth framed by soft pink lips. That smile was part of the reason Izzie was so drawn to her that night, and she was sure it drew in many others.

"I'm good, what's up?"

"Well..." Sawyer considered. "I just wanted to let you know that the 'rents are out of town, as always, so you should swing on by today. Or I can pick you up. Are you free? If not it's-"

"Don't worry. I'm free," Izzie chuckled as Sawyer began to fret. It was weird to hear this self-proclaimed Casanova rambling nervously. It felt out of character, but Izzie was touched that she was the one causing Sawyer to act so out of character. It was endearing and humanizing. "Lydia just spent the day out yesterday. It's my turn to take a break. Can you pick me up in ten?"

"Of course," the blonde agreed. There was a brief pause before she tried for conversation again. "You know, last week was the least amount of action I've gotten during a weekend in a lot time."

"I made you lose your charmer streak?" Izzie wondered out loud. "I really must be special."

"You are," Sawyer said with confidence. She wasn't even pulling a line. " Can only hope this week is better."

"Count on it," Izzie played Sawyer's flirting game. She did want something to happen, and she wanted to hint that she was ready, that she had forgotten all about Casey.

"So... ten minutes?"

"See you then," Izzie confirmed before hanging up.

Izzie was more than excited, but she was also a bit nervous. Sawyer and her were moving rather quickly, considering the fact that they met just over a week ago. Last time that happened, it didn't turn out that well. However, things were looking up. Just a couple of days ago, Izzie and Lydia managed to convince their mother to start putting her salary into finding a babysitter for the kids. That allowed for them to cut their working times in half, not to mention that it gave them free time for themselves.

The girls hadn't had this much free time in years, so it was more than welcome. Izzie thought she would have nothing to do, but Sawyer was giving her plenty. Just the other day, Sawyer and Jane invited Izzie to tag along with them and a couple of other friends, who she met at the diner, to watch a movie. It was a good movie, and Izzie was rather surprised when Sawyer didn't try to distract her. Jane had made a comment about it afterwards.

"You know, I was expecting a little more noise from where you guys were sitting," she remarked when only Izzie could hear. "It's cute, you've got her whipped."

But Izzie was afraid Sawyer was too whipped. No matter how many opportunities had arisen, they hadn't kissed yet. The first night, there were several moments where Izzie felt like it was going to happen, but the blonde always dodged it, moving away. Then, the movies was a perfect, although cliche, place, yet Sawyer did nothing. Were they just friends? Izzie wasn't sure where any of the lines lay, and she was afraid to address it.