seven

CASEY MADE THREE MAJOR MISTAKES THAT NIGHT. Even though Evan was planning on being the responsible one, she still ended up drinking a lot more than she had intended to. Eddie made her several more Rushed Twilights and even gave her a shot or two. She began to feel really tipsy around the 10:30 timeframe. However, Casey was feeling really good with the liquor in her veins, and she wouldn't let this manic-like high go to waste. She decided that she would stay as long as she could, enjoying it.

All night, she danced with Evan, joked with him, and it almost felt like nothing had changed. She made friends with Sawyer, who, she had to admit, was pretty cool. Casey found this confidence and fire in herself that she had never seen before, and the confidence was manifesting in good ways. At least, that was until she made her first mistake of the night.

"What's gotten into you tonight?" Evan chuckled as Casey brought him back to the corner booth as she was tired out because of all the dancing. They sat together on one side of the booth, doing nothing important. Sawyer was by the bar, making conversation with a couple of bartenders. "Not that I don't mind this..."

"I'm just happy!" she yelled, unaware of how loud she was being. Shocked by the volume of her own voice, Casey adjusted her voice. "It feels good to be with you. It's been awhile."

"It has," he agreed, leaning back in the booth and draping an arm around Casey's shoulders. "So, what do you think of this place?"

"It's pretty nice, I'm not gonna lie," Casey slurred her words slightly, demonstrating just how buzzed she really was.

"Well, it's my uncle's."

"I know. A bartender told me."

"He and I are tight," Evan continued, staring off somewhere. "I think I might be able to start working here someday."

"Like as a bartender?"

"Yeah," the blond laughed, suddenly turning slightly serious as he faced the track star, ready to do an impression. "I bartend, but I consider myself to be more of a mixologist, you know? I make my own tonic water, and here's our house special."

Casey laughed, "Good impression, Sam Malone."

"You think? You could be my Diane, you know."

"Hey," she pouted. "They don't even end up together!"

"Well, you haven't even finished Cheers, so how would you know?" he teased.

Casey lifted her head up too glare jokingly at Evan. He just gave his dopey, lopsided grin, cocking his head to the side. Laughing to herself, Casey rolled her eyes before leaning back into the booth again. The two sat in silence for a bit, watching the other customers. Casey leaned her head against the older boys side, smiling to herself. She forgot how easy it was to spend time with Evan. How they just... clicked, at least when times were easy. And right now, it was obvious how good Evan and her were together.

Casey's phone began to ring, interrupting her from her thoughts. She grumbled a bit, fumbling to find it in her jean pocket. Without checking the Caller ID, she picked up.

Mistake 1.

"Hey," Casey greeted, trying to make her intoxicated state a little less obvious in case her mother was calling.

"Casey, I need your help."

The voice that came through was frantic, which immediately helped Casey sober up. Izzie was on the line, and her normally calm voice was now raw, as if she had just been crying. Her tone was distraught, which immediately made Casey concerned. She had no clue what was going on. For all she knew, Izzie was in a car crash, slowly dying.