The Fall of a Goddess

Kaori and Kaoru watched as the travelers Kouta and Mao made their way slowly to the Sun Kingdom. Kaori had been holding back some choice words, to avoid conflict was one thing but to loose her immortality-no being a goddess was something that would be to heavy a burden to bear. The whole gods not helping and just watching made her realize so many valid points. To be uncaring cruel higher beings who refuse to help their creations was starting to finally weigh on her. It was now or never, once the gods returned from their travels......things would really turn for the worse. Kaori was of course in love with one of them and the risk of speaking out made things even more difficult. While Kaori but her lip and grabbed the table, Kaoru finally spoke. 

"Kaori I know you like a open book. You don't want to do this any more do you? I know this is a unusual method for us to not create a happy ending for our world. No our creation's world. We can't get involved because you know what will happen. Evil never goes away for good and our role is to simply let them handle this issue themselves. When in reality we tell them we want them to kill them selves. Once they do that, we can create a Utopia. No blood on our hands or taking sides. I mean bad guys sometimes have valid points in doing what they do. Not that I condemn that sort of behavior. Just say what's on your mind and I can't promise you I'll save you." said Karou. Kaoru sighed softly and sat down, touched Kaori's hand and began to gather a sense of her troubled thoughts. "Kaoru I........I want out. I want to be a goddess of justice. I want to make sure people don't stray from the path of their true fate. Yes I always detested our creations, our decisions and the fact we don't give a fuck about anything. But damn it, I want to see the world in a new light. I want to be able to care, care so much that it gives people a fighting  spirit. I know I will not be a goddess any more, higher being or whatever. Seeing those two travelers inspired me to rethink our ways." said Kaori sternly. 

Kaoru giggled, it had to be a joke. At the same time she knew what she had to do. It was a painful choice, it was also the only solution to deflect any future issues the other gods would have. 

"Kaori I don't have it in me to kill you. I can only do one thing and as you know there is a time constraint. I can't promise you will regain your goddess status, but I can assure you what you want to do will happen. I'm going to strip you of most of your powers, you will have 100 days to solve this conflict. If you do not solve this conflict.........you know they will want to use judgment on you. I can't help you avoid that. I can only push you to the surface as a seer who was badly injured. You will have the ability to see into the future, you will have no other powers though."said Kaoru. Tears for the first time fall from her face, without warning a mighty force sent Kaori to the surface. With no memory of her status, she was only consumed with brain fog. To land near the Sun Kingdom was a start, the clock began to countdown to the last day. Kaoru sobbed knowing her best friend, her adopted little sister was to never be a goddess again. It wasn't glaring obvious Kaori wanted peace. It was always a feeling. "Kaori I hate you for making me say this but please save the world. You made me care a little and I can't let that go to waste." said Karou.