the past part 1

Time for the long one, again sorry for the delay
-----------------------------------------------------------
Rune
As we approached our destination, ruby kept on trying to snag my rifle. Failing at every attempt. When we got to their dorm, Weiss opened the door, and i saw where only a dreg would dare sleep. Their beds looked like they could fall apart at any moment, mainly the one with rope. I decided it would be smart to sit on the floor, mainly due to my size.

Ruby: so lets start at the beginning please

Weiss pulled out a recorder to record their questions and my answers

Rune: well first i have to tell you about the great machine.

Blake: the "great machine"?

Rune: yes, it is a giant pure white orb its size only comparable to asteroids, it breathed life into any world it touched. I still remember gazing upon it for the first time, it gave of an aura of power, but also one of compassion. But i was but a whelp then, the last time i saw it was when i was on top of a mountain, overlooking the ghouls city.

Weiss: who where these "ghouls" you speak of?

Rune: they are the "chosen", they have powers that are "granted" by the great machine. Every house besides half of mine, think they took that power, i will explain more about them later, anyway the great machine used to hang over our home world, but then the whirlwind came... It was basically our end times. We are still recovering from it.

Rune: after escaping our home planet, we left our home system to find the great machine, it was on that way that the eliksni truly lost their honor. We warred,across our house ships for ether, our life's blood. We breath it into us and gain strength from it.

Blake: when did you come across these "ghouls"?

Rune: followed the great machine's trail to a system known as Sol, we saw it hanging over a planet similar to this, but very different. it was called earth

Ruby: how?

Rune: they also had a whirlwind of their own. The world was filled with broken buildings and rusted and breaking transport vehicles, colony ships as well, it was like this on every planet.

Yang: is this where you met the ghouls?

Rune: not personally but yes, it was our first meeting and conflict.

Weiss: what was yours rune?

Rune: mine? It was at the battle of the twilight gap,i was just a dreg at the time i met the ghoul known as shaxx. It was terrifying.
He was running towards our tanks, covered in lightning and was unstoppable. When he hit our tanks, i was blown back into a bunch of rocks. When i regained focus, he was standing over me, we starred at each other for what felt like eternity. He reached down with one hand grabbing my chest plate hand lifted me off the ground. He grabbed my house banner that was hanging from my waist. And summoned a little white ball. Lights shot forth from the front. Observing my banner. When the lights stopped he set me down on my feet, and walked away. If it wasn't
For a shank nearby to record this event, i would have been killed for "abandonment".

Ruby: what happened after that battle?

Rune: i got promoted to vandal. And the war went to skirmishes here and there. Then the hive came.

Rwby: the hive?

Rune: bug like creatures that rely on numbers and dark magic to kill everyTHING in their way,

Weiss: do you mean everyone or...

Rune: no, they have killed entire worlds and harvested the energy they held for the evil rituals. Leaving nothing but a husk of corrupted earth.

Ruby: that's horrible!

Rune: and that is only the beginning of their evil, there gods are worse, especially Oryx... The taken king.

Yang: who is he?

Rune: he is a hive god with a army of corrupted beings named the taken, poor souls who's souls have been stripped of everything, and rebuilt in the image of darkness. They have no free will. And will always follow his orders. The only thing we eliksni hate more than ghouls, is the hive and the taken.

Wiess: what about this "goddess" you spoke of, who is she?

Rune: she is the goddess of the eliksni, she is the goddess that shepherds our lives and breaths life into all she loves, and guards us from the forces of evil, she was with my kind decades before the great machine.

Ruby: what happened to the other eliksni houses?

Rune: we spread ourselves out, still fighting between us, some served the queen of a place known as the reef.

Yang: who was she?

Rune: her name was Mara sov, she ruled over a belt of debris known as the reef. She fought the taken king in a space ship battle and perished. She was an awoken.

Ruby: wha-

*Knock*Knock*
No ones POV

?????: team rwby? Are you presentable i need to speak with... Him

Ruby stands up opens the door to reveal the other man from the medical ward... James i think

James: a hello ruby, is ... He(?) Here?

Rune: i am here James. If i remember you wanted to study me,correct?

James: yes, i did, i promise it won't be invasive its just...

Rune: no its understandable James. I will think on it. If you want to know history Weiss has a recording you can copy right here

James: i would like that very much.

After James (iron tree?) left it was time for their "lunch" and so as a group we went to get something to eat.

Ruby: after lunch can we continue? pleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplea-

Rune:*chuckles*yes youngling, we can

Ruby: YEA!!!!