11. Take me home

"You're leaving already? Nooo KareBear, don't! We're having the BEST time! Night's still young and-" Corey abruptly stops his drunken plea to get me to stay when he sees Axl showing up behind me. "Oh! Guess you two will be having a private party then, huh?," he chuckles, patting Axl's shoulder in a friendly gesture.

"Yeah, I'm taking her home, if you don't mind," Axl coldly responds, quickly swatting Coreys' hand away as he snakes his arms around my waist and pulls me to his chest possessively.

"I don't mind if she doesn't," Corey snaps back, raising his eyebrows at me in a question. Jesus, what's with all the misplaced chivalry all of a sudden?

"I'm fine, Core." With Axl practically dragging me out, I blow Corey a little kiss. "Tell the girls I said bye and you guys have fun, alright? See you tomorrow!"

It's a chilly night by Californian standards, and so is the vibe Axl's giving off while we walk the few blocks to my apartment. He's a couple of steps ahead of me, and as much as I enjoy the view of his gorgeous ass in those tight leather pants, almost tripping in my high heels because I can barely keep up with him is not really my idea of a fun night. In addition to that, I'm still wearing my wet dress, and I'm fucking freezing. I could do with a little more physical contact here.

The distance between Axl and me increases, something he doesn't even seem to notice since he's not looked back to check on me even once, which makes me grow more angry with every unstable step I take. When we're just a block away from our destination, I've just about had it. Fuck this, I'm not gonna follow him around like a lovesick puppy. If this is the mood he's gonna be in, I'm better off returning to the Troubadour to get wasted with my friends.

I turn on my heel and storm off into the opposite direction, striding with such a firm and determined step, not even the homeless people loitering around on the dark streets have the guts to hassle me. Well, at least that's what I hope. When I hear footsteps approaching just as I walk into a dark and deserted alley, I suddenly don't feel so tough anymore. I reach into my purse to grab my keys, prepared to use them as a weapon if necessary.

I almost scream when I feel someone tug on my arm with force. Ready to put up a fight against my attacker, I turn around, holding my keys ahead of me defensively, and while he's probably my least favorite person in the world right now, I can't help but breathing a sigh of relief to see that it's just Axl.

"What the fuck are you doing, Karen?" he bursts out, running his fingers through his silky hair in confusion and anger.

"What do you mean, what am I doing? I'm going back to the Troubadour to spend time with people that actually want to be around me, that's what! Seriously, with you ignoring me like that, I'm surprised you even fucking noticed I was gone! " I snarl, not backing down under his furious glare.

"So you wanna crawl back to that douchebag friend of yours, is that it? I've seen the way that stuck up piece of shit looks at you!...KareBear?....really? You've gotta be fucking kidding me." He clenches his jaw, his eyes shooting daggers at me.

Ok, for real? Axl's jealous? Sure as hell didn't see that one coming. "Yeah, he is a good friend. Could've just asked me instead of acting totally rude to him AND me you know". I don't want to give Axl the satisfaction of also mentioning that, even though he never officially came out with it to me, I'm pretty damn sure that Corey's gay as hell.

"Well, I'm asking now," he counters, the implacable look on his face slowly fading away as he closes the distance between us until our noses almost touch.

"And I told you he's a good friend. Just a good friend."

I pant for breath when Axl suddenly shoves me against the wall with gentle force. "So what's it gonna be tonight then babygirl, me or him?" His voice is deep and husky, and he's brushing his thumb against my cheek, our lips only inches apart.

"You..." Is the only word I manage to get out before he slams his lips onto mine. Guess that was a rhetorical question.

Our kiss deepens while his hands wander up the front of my thighs and underneath my dress, and he lets out a low moan when he realizes I'm not wearing any underwear. "Fuck, that's hot...."

I can feel him hardening under my fingers, and I gasp and grasp his hair with my free hand when I feel his thumb circling my sweet spot, sliding his other fingers inside and out of me ever so slowly. I don't care if anyone sees us and I have no idea why I was even mad at him in the first place, he's just driving me so mind-blowingly crazy with desire right now that I completely forget my surroundings. My moans become louder as his skillful fingers increase their pace, and soon enough, he sends me over the edge, my vision glazing as my orgasm hits.

When I crash back down to earth, I see him looking at me with a satisfied grin on his face. "Wanna continue that at your place?"

I nod. "God yes. Take me home."

We don't waste any time keeping our clothes on when we enter my apartment. That manic energy between us when we were fighting shifted into an overpowering sense of passion, but I can't shake the feeling that there's something else there, too. Something that wasn't there the first time we met on the plane. I would not go as far as to call it love, but there certainly is a deeper connection between us since tonight. I hope that it's not wishful thinking, but I think I can see it in his eyes too; in the way he admires my body when I stand before him, naked and vulnerable under his gaze. In the small gestures like a stroke through my hair, a small kiss on my nose..... And in the way his eyes not for one moment leave mine as he takes me hard on the kitchen table, screaming my name when he comes so many blissful moments later.