Thirteen

I drove to Geoffs, as much as I wanted to have him to have space he was my best friend and I didn't need him hurting himself. I also knew he would be mad at me for skipping out on date night with Grace, but he came first.
I chewed on my lip as I pulled up to Geoff's house met with the same mint blue painted patio.
I ran up to the door and knocked and shifted uncomfortably, Geoff's mom answered and smiled at me weakly. "Hey Otto,"

"Is Geoff okay?" I asked.

"He, uh, it's kinda rough... he's just frustrated with himself, you know?"

I nod, "Yeah i get it a lots happened since school started. I just feel terrible, makes me regret not driving him home that night..." I mumble off.
"Hey... Otto its okay at first I thought that too. But everything happens for a reason, but it helps having you and your guy's friends around."

"Thank you Ms. Wigington," I smiled as I slid my Vans off and found my way up the stairs. She seemed like such a happy person for a woman who was widowed and her oldest son suffering a tragic accident. I had learned though she copped with happiness.
I knocked on Geoff's door frame and he muttered a quiet, choked sob, "Come in."
I slipped into the room and sat in his desk chair, my usual seat. I saw his jersey framed hung above his bed. Band posters sprinkled his wall over the soft grey paint. He had a football on his desk, I picked it up and started tossing it up and down. "You know you your ability to do things hasn't changed much since the accident."

"Yeah," he muttered, "It has actually. Can't play football, can't run... can't fucking walk normally..."

"Normals boring Geoffroy," His head stayed stuffed in the blankets.

"You're normal Otto, I'm a fucking broken doll,"

"You're not broken Geoff, everything's just a little messy."
"Don't wanna talk no more right now," he said in a quiet, raspy voice.

"Okay," I flipped through a few of his journals his therapist made him keep. I mean I shouldn't of but it was right there and I knew everything about Geoff already. I read about different things getting the tea kettle of Geoff's life. I put it away and sat next to him on his bed.
"Wasss up?"

"Want Awsten," he said in his raspy voice.

"Okay, I find Awstens contact and text him quick. He responded right away with 'on my way.'
I sit there with Geoff, he continues to be messy about everything. Tears still straining his eyes, stuck in a fiat burrito sea of blankets, and his room looks like a tornado went through.
I saw Awsten peak his head around the door and I motioned for him to come in. He came in and took my spot by Geoff and started rubbing his back. Geoff turned a little bit more so he could face Awsten but he didn't say anything. Instead of words they kissed softly and cuddled. I decided was gonna skurt because I was making it awkward for myself being there. I slipped out of the room and downstairs. I texted Grace that date night was still on. I picked up some flowers and got my lovely Grace.

 I picked up some flowers and got my lovely Grace

I try really hard for you guys👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻