Sixteen

Awstens POV-

     I climbed out of my moms car and signed her a goodbye before running over to Geoff. I basically launched myself at him and he hugged me "Hey bud," he smiled.
I waved and he kissed my cheek.

Do you feel better?

I scribbled into my notebook, "eh, I'm not sure." He sighed and wrapped an arm around me protectively. I sunk into his side as he walked me down the hall. I sipped on my coffee and kept my hand locked with his.

"What's up?" Patty said prancing over to us.

"Where's Ben?" Geoff asked.

"Sick," Patty rolled his eyes. I nodded and let Geoff finish putting his shit away. He finished and we walked to my locker, I could see deep pain in his eyes. He was biting his lip and his eyes would clench shut every once and awhile. He propped himself up against a locker making sure all his weight was on his right leg.

Everything alright? I wrote and showed him. He nodded a Yeah and we continued Down the hall to our first class.
We got to class and I saw him massaging his 'leg' where it wasn't shoved into a plastic leg. I grabbed his hand and replaced it with mine. I gently squeezed my thumb and index finger around his 'leg' and made him feel better for the most part and for what I knew.

    We got to lunch and he basically limped quickly out to the field under the tree. He sat down and ripped the plastic leg off of his leg and gently massaged his stub. I frowned at him and wrote.

Does it hurt?

"Like a bitch," He replied, the stub looked red and swollen.

Is somethin wrong with it?

I wrote and showed him.

"I'm not sure,"
I nodded and kissed his cheek reassuringly to make sure he knew I cared about him.
The others walked over and noticed Geoff's dilemma, "you okay?" Patty asked having a seat across from him in the grass.

"Are any of us really okay?" Geoff said stifling a laugh.

"Nope," Patty chuckled.

"Exactly," Geoff smiled.
———————————

     I watched Geoff as he drove us to his house. He was rubbing my hand soothingly while keeping the other one on the steering wheel. He pulled in the driveway and stopped putting the car in park. We both climbed out but Geoff continued to limp his way inside. I sighed and helped him in. I wish I could help him more.