Twenty-One

Two Month Time Skip month of March.

-Awsten-

I sat at a booth alone at the local diner, I had grown far from my friends and I hadn't talked to Geoff in god knows how long. I looked over as Geoff and some other boy fed each other fries and shared a shake. I quietly sobbed, did Geoff realize we never actually broke up? He never stopped hurting me... He was right I am a stupid mute. I honestly don't think Geoff knew I was here. I started crying the more I watched him and whoever the boy was. I then grabbed my notebook and ran out of the diner. I fucking hate you, Geoff!
I got in my car and cried as I drove away.

I got home and I walked through the front door I walked to my room I was in no mood what so ever to think about anything else. Screw you, Geoff Wigington, screw you.

-Geoff-

I didn't realize the boy that had been depressed looking was Awsten. I felt terrible, I looked at Ryan.

"Wanna get out of here?" I ask.

"Sure," Ryan pulled his wallet out.

"No I got it,"

"Nope you payed last time,"

"Ryan!" He went up to the counter and paid then grabbed my hand and walked me out of there.
We got in the car and I started it, I pulled out of the parking lot and drove home.
We went inside, Ryan then swept me off my feet.
"I got you babes," he kissed my cheek and carried me upstairs.
He laid me on my bed and laid next to me and kissed me. I knew where this was going. I kissed back, defiantly. He started pulling at my shirt and I just went with it. I grabbed at his shirt and started pulling it off. Our chests were touching and he started working at my belt. That's when I stopped. I pushed him off of me, "I'm sorry I can't do this..." the truth, I've only done it with Awsten.

"Oh it's fine," he grabbed his shirt and pulled on his shirt.

"I think you should go..." god what the hell was I doing...

"Okay, I'll text you later... bye Geoff." He grabbed his stuff and left.

I sighed and stared at my ceiling and silently cried. What did I do...
————-

-Patty-

I knocked on Geoff's door and waited. Finally, his mother opened the door, "Hi Patty," she smiled widely, "I haven't seen you in forever. Come in."
I followed her in, "I assume you're here for Geoff?"

"Yeah I need to talk to him but..." I looked down at my crutches then at the stairs.

"I'll go get him, have a seat hun." I went to the couch and sat down. I was here to talk it out with him and get forgiveness on both ends...
I heard gentle arguing upstairs then footsteps.

"Hey Patty," I turned and saw Geoff.

"Hey Geoff," I smiled.

He sat next to me and shifted himself to face me.

"So I assume you're here about Awsten?"

"Yes and no?" I more asked trying to collect my thoughts.

"Okay,"

"So Awsten told me about you and Ryan. It really hurt Awsten." I sighed and looked at him.

"It doesn't feel right I don't like Ryan, I really like Awsten but I just fucked it up..."

"Geoff he's just not going to forgive you like that." I snapped my fingers.

"I-I know..." he sighed, "So how can I fix it?"

"Apologize with him, stop messing around with other guys. Explain yourself to him. Tell him why you did what you did. Those things Geoff make you charming and frankly if I wasn't with Ben I would date you."

"Thank you, can you talk to him and ask him to set up a time we can talk?" He asked fidgeting.

"Geoff you can text him as well as talk to his faces he's ready to listen. Do you really think he doesn't talk about you everyday still?" I half smiled.
Geoff blushed, "really?"

"Really," I placed my hand on his leg and looked him in the eye, "I have to get to PT and you better get your mans back."

"Thanks for talking Patty,"

"Of course, thanks for listening and understanding." I got up and stabilized myself before carefully making my way to my car. I waved to Geoff as I pulled out of his driveway. I had faith in him he'd do something good.
—————————-

-Awsten-

I checked my phone and saw a new notification from Geoff. Why? I thought to myself and clicked on the message.

Geoff: god am I sorry, I'm sorry I hurt you and I'm willing to do anything to make it better! I miss you so much and what you saw with Ryan. There's nothing there. Just friendship. I promise, I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway. Just tell me how to fix it and I'll fix it! If you're reading this thank you...

I sighed and began typing.

Awsten: are you busy rn?

Geoff: no.

Awsten: I'm coming over, we're gonna talk it over.

Geoff: okay! Thank you!

I slightly smiled at how excited he was to see me. I pulled on my hoodie and grabbed my keas.
I excitedly pulled out of my drive way as I drove. That's before it happened again. I didn't make it to Geoff's. Instead Geoff made it to my hospital bed side...
———————————
-Geoff-

I walked through the pale white hallway as quickly as I could. Avoiding doctors and nurses. I needed to see him, not again. Not again.
I walked into his room and he laid there.
"Oh my god Awsten are you okay?" I looked at him. He pulled out his notebook and started writing.

I'd die for you Geoff, even after everything...

I smiled and held his hand. Maybe this would be alright. But who really knew?