[15]

////Chapter 15////

Mina had left Sana's house early due to the fact that she had to finish a project. That was partially the truth. The real truth? She didn't want to see Chaeyoung for any longer. For some odd reason, that tiger annoyed her much more than before.

Sana asked if she was alright, Mina nodded, considering nothing but Chaeyoung and her homework ruined her mood. "Fricken idiot." Mina grumbled, her feet stomping onto the concrete sidewalk, earning a few stares.

"Who's the idiot?"

Mina jumped, turning around sharply only to see the boy she saw before. "S-Seungwoo, right?" She guessed his name hoping she got it right, to which she did. The taller boy had black hair, his eyes were friendly and he was wearing a black hoodie.

"Bingo!" He chuckled, "What are you doing walking all alone?" Seungwoo smiled, his teeth showing. Mina tried to look for that rude personality through Seungwoo, but she confirmed to herself that Chaeyoung was just making things up.

"Just leaving a friends house. I decided to take a walk back home, to clear my head." Mina smiled back. Seungwoo hummed, looking at her.

"Want me to carry your bag? It might be heavy." Seungwoo offered, his eyes filled with concern. Mina wanted to deny the offer considering her bag wasn't that heavy but she couldn't resist those worried eyes. So she agreed.

"Thank you." Mina chuckled.

Seungwoo huffed, pointing to himself with a heroic stance, as if exaggerating, "No problem, princess! I am here to save the day!" He winked, his over exaggerated imitation made Mina cringe, but she giggled otherwise.

"Why thank you good sir." She laughed, enjoying their conversation. Mina really couldn't believe why Chaeyoung would say those things about this innocent guy. Seungwoo was to precious.

Seungwoo chuckled, stopping in his tracks as Mina did so. Mina smiled, sighing, "This is where I live. I can go up by myself now, thank you Seungwoo." She held the straps of her bag, about to enter her condo.

"W-Wait!" He reached his hand out. Mina stopped, turning her head only to see Seungwoo lightly jogging towards her. His hands jumbled around in his pocket, taking out his phone. "C-Can I h-have your number? F-For projects, you never know.." he nervously chuckled.

Mina smiled sweetly at his stuttered sentence, "Sure."

"Really?!" Seungwoo smiles widely, noticing he was to excited, he cleared his throat, "Uh, thanks. Is what I mean."

Mina giggled, typing her number quickly before waving her goodbye at Seungwoo. She knew that the latter was really happy considering she saw him doing this weird victory dance. Mina thought it was adorable but decided not to call him out on it considering she knew he'd be embarassed.

Idiot Son:
Hey, Minari, got home safely?

Mina rolled her eyes, her mood suddenly dropping. Her keys dangled as she opened the door to her house, opening the door ever so slightly before replying to Chaeyoung's text.

To Idiot Son:
Yeah, I hope you lose that game of yours.

She smirked, closing the door, throwing her bag onto the couch lazily before sitting down. Mina would occasionally glance at her phone, awaiting a buzz but she didn't receive any text message.

Mina sighed, disregarding her motivation to do work and instead leaning towards the temptation to fall asleep. Her eyes started to close, the surroundings around her turning into a blur-

Ding.

She almost jumped up, her hand instantly grabbing her phone. Mina didn't know why she was so excited, she also didn't what she was looking forward to. Her eyes scanned her phone.

Unknown:
Hey, Mina! It's Seungwoo :)

Mina sighed, a little disappointed. The reason was unknown to her but she wasn't really expecting Seungwoo to be the text message she wanted. Mina replied with a simple hello and smiley face but that was it. Seungwoo texted again, probably wanting to keep the conversation going but Mina didn't feel so excited anymore. Then she got a new message.

Idiot Son:
Pffft! I won the game against Sana. If we ever play together, I'll win against you any time, Minari.

Mina didn't like it when Chaeyoung was an arrogant little tiger but the text message somehow lifted her spirits. More than Seungwoo's message. "Like she could win against me." Mina rolled her eyes.

To Idiot Son:
Stop dreaming. I'm better than you at anything.

Not even a few seconds after, Chaeyoung had already replied. Mina knew that Seungwoo was also texting her but he didn't really enter her train of thought when she was texting Chaeyoung.

Idiot Son:
I'm not sure if you're better than me at everything but you do a damn well job with being beautiful.

Mina scoffed but she was well aware that her cheeks started to heat up. She was about to reply with another comeback but Chaeyoung had beat her to it.

Idiot Son:
Welp, It was nice talking to you Minari. I gotta get my beauty sleep goodnight my love ;)

Mina snickered, laughing at what Chaeyoung texted.

To Idiot Son:
Ewww, I'm not your love, idiot

Mina was expecting another text but she got nothing. Most likely because Chaeyoung was already asleep, like the easy sleeper she was. The penguin unintentionally smiled as she re-read Chaeyoung's text messages.

Seungwoo:
Hey! So I was wondering if we can maybe go to the café tomorrow? If you want to, of course :)

Mina sighed, she was thinking whether or not to give in to the date. It was obvious, Mina could see that Seungwoo wanted to sugar coat around the word date. Nonetheless, Mina agreed. She saw no wrong in doing so, so why not? It'll be fun anyways.

As her cheeks started to calm down from Chaeyoung's former messages she didn't let the laziness eat her up. Mina sighed, standing up as she looks for her pajamas, hoping to go to sleep soon. Coincidentally, Mina glanced at her phone and it lit up. She arched an eyebrow, grabbing the buzzing object, thinking it would be Seungwoo.

Idiot Son:
I forgot to say something! Goodnight Minari and sweet dreams, I'm sure you'll dream about me ;) xoxoxo

Mina stuck her tongue out, disgusted by the amount of greasiness she felt from that one text. Though, a part of her felt happy. She didn't know, but Mina was smiling as she put her clothes on. She groaned, shaking her head as if that would do anything.

This idiot. How does she make me feel this way.

::

Thank you for reading this story! 🐧🐯