[29]

I apologize for any grammar mistakes, I didn't have time to check over!
~
"Mina, you don't need to be so shy." The woman giggled, setting down a fancy glass in front of her though the content inside was only water. Probably rich tasting water?

"W-Well, it's my first time being here. Inside you're company." Mina smiled, her eyes wandering around Seo-Yeon's office. It didn't even look like an office, it was moreso a penthouse that just had an office table, and shelves occupied by different types of perfumes. Some were commonly admired and others were prototypes that had never been released to the public yet.

"I guess, but please feel at home. I don't want to scare you." Seo-yeon smiled, sitting down at her chair. Behind her were the large glass windows that overlooked the city. Imagine seeing that almost every day of your life? Mina couldn't relate.

"A-Anyways, why did you want to meet?" Mina asked, taking a quick and shy sip from her glass of water. How the heck does this water taste good and only be water? Did a goddess make this? Maybe Jihyo's a part time water maker, if that even exists.

Seo-yeon hummed, her smile faltering just a bit showing a rather sad expressing. "Well it's almost New Years and I was wondering if you're available, would you want to have a drink with me? If you available of course."

Mina's eyes widened, she wanted to go with the plan but she already had some prepared so she couldn't even say yes. Her guilt started to build up, but Mina couldn't lie, "I-Sorry Ms. Seo Yeon. I already made plans.." She trailed off.

Seo-Yeon smiled, giggling at how guilty the student looked. "Don't worry! I was just asking, I'm sure you already made plans with your family."

Mina chuckled, though that wasn't true. She actually made plans with Sana for New Years and the reason it's not with her parents was due to the fact they were gone for another business trip. But, they plan to do a video call a few hours before their meeting, which was something Mina extremely looked forward too.

"W-Wait!" Mina spoke, her voice raising startled the CEO into almost dropping her drink. The latter looked at her, concerned. "I think we can drink the day before, if that's ok with you.." Mina smiled shyly.

Seo-yeon chuckled, "Of course that's ok with me. As long as you're not cancelling any plans for me then it's alright." She smiled and Mina could only admire the CEO's kind heart even more. But something did intrigue her. It came to her realization.

Doesn't Ms.Seo-Yeon have anyone to celebrate New Years with?

Mina didn't bother asking considering it sounded a little to personal and of course that was only an assumption so she didn't want to take a risk at getting the CEO angry. She sat still, drinking from her cup, absorbing her surroundings as much as she could.

"Who are you celebrating New Years with?" Seo-Yeon asked, breaking the silence.

"I'm celebrating with my friend. My parents are overseas right now but we will video call during the celebration." Mina smiled, of course she was excited. Although not personally, she at least gets to really spend time with her parents. A video call is enough for Mina just to remember how fun it was celebrating events with her parents. Should I ask? Ah screw it, "How about you Ms.Seo-Yeon?"

The CEO was knocked off her guard as her expression and aura immediately changed. She slowly but gently put her glass down on the table. Looking out the window as if to hide her sorrow like expression. Mina opened her mouth to take back what she said but it was to late, "Well, no one. Unfortunately."

Mina hesitated, but quietly she asked again, "Y-You don't have a family?" This time, the penguin really wanted to jump out the window because she knew she was treading on thin ice. The last thing Mina wanted was her idol to hate her.

Seo-Yeon sighed, "I do." She smiled but it quickly faded, "But we aren't really together..anymore." She stood up from her seat, her fingers trailing the wooden table. Mina watched at the CEO's every movement, finding her actions slow and sad.

"I wish I could celebrate with them but seeing them now will only make matters worst." Seo-Yeon chuckled, her smile was close to a motherly grin, "But I do hope they are celebrating it with fun. Even if I'm not there, I just want them to be happy."

Mina observed the woman silently, finding the real person who was behind the making of all the beautiful fragrant perfume. The woman who held herself strong against the comments of society and made a name herself. Mina realized how dark it could be for someone so strong.

It was heartbreaking.

~

"Thank you!" Mina bowed, smiling as she waved goodbye. The black car soon fading into the distance, leaving her alone. After a few hours of talking, mostly about Mina's family and about the company, the CEO handed her an exclusive perfume. Which wasn't even out yet.

Mina looked down at the small bag, her smile widening as she awaited the moment where she smells the fragrance. She sighed, turning on her heel as she could still feel her excited aura circling around her.

"Why are you smiling so stupidly?" A voice laughed, teasing. Mina knew who it belonged to and let's just say her mood instantly hit the lowest level. She looked up, meeting a pair of brown orbs.

"None of your business." Mina stuck out her tongue.

"Lacuna huh?" Chaeyoung snatched the small bag, taking out a box that held the fragile object inside. Mina tried to reach for it but of course the cub had a much faster reflex and she was a little taller, which gave her the advantage. "You bought another box? Don't you have enough already?"

"It's exclusive." Mina groaned, her fingers brushing against the glass container but not fully taking it back. "Never-before-seen! Give it back Chaeyoung!"

The said student slowly handed it back to Mina, chuckling in amusement, "Wow. Aren't you a die hard fan." Chaeyoung chuckled, her eyes not leaving Mina who only scanned the glass bottle thoroughly just to make sure it doesn't have a scratch.

"Anyways, are you spending New Years with your parents?" Mina carefully put the bottle inside the bag, her hands trembling just a bit as she did so. Chaeyoung nodded, smiling. "Ohh, I'm spending it with Sana." Mina added.

The cub smirked, leaning closer to Mina's face, the latter trying as hard as possible to avoid the rather close proximity. "Why are you asking? Do you want to spend New Years with me?" Her voice was husky and Mina just loved how the afternoon sun shone on Chaeyoung's smooth looking skin.

"No. I didn't say anything about that." Mina growled, rolling her eyes playfully obviously used to Chaeyoung's teasing tactics. The latter pouted, crossing her arms and finally

"Awww." Chaeyoung sighed, "Why not? I can spend New Years at your condo! Ya know, sleep over?" She laughed, poking Mina's side to the which the latter stopped by simply slapping Chaeyoung's hand.

"No way. I don't want you sleeping at my house." Mina laughed, taking it as a joke. Chaeyoung hummed.

"Your right."

Mina was taken back by the sudden response. It sounded so serious, yet at the same time comedic, though it was leaning towards the former more. "Huh?"

Chaeyoung turned around, a smile plastered on her face, one that exposed her pretty dimples. Her eyes were filled with mischief and Mina knew better than to trust her rather innocent looking grin. "Being in the same room as you would be dangerous Mina-"

"Because I may not be able to control myself, darling."

::

Thank you for reading this chapter!🐧🐯