[25]

////Chapter 25////

Ballet.

A moment where Mina could feel at ease, let her body go loose and just let the music take control of her own movement. She just wished it didn't remind her of bad memories. "Gonna keep dancing or are you gonna eat?" Sana laughed, her two hands holding bags of chips.

"Is that seriously our breakfast?" Mina stopped, crossing her arms, "What happened to giving me free bubble tea?"

Sana rolled her eyes playfully, "I'm a broke university student right now, maybe next time?" She winked, chuckling nervously. Mina laughed, giving into the junk food.

"So any idea on how to finish Dahyun's choreo? I tried to help but we ended up getting into a fight." Sana sighed, her smile turning into a frown. Mina chuckled, ruffling the squirrels hair to lighten up her mood.

"She's probably really stressed." Mina smiled, "I have a few ideas but I considered asking Momo for help."

"Oooh! How about Seulgi? Maybe you can ask her?" Sana took a handful of chips, shoving them into her mouth as fast as possible. Probably because she was really hungry.

Mina shook her head, "I don't talk to her."

"Ahh you introvert." Sana sighed, her arm soon getting slapped by Mina. The former shrugged, continuously eating from her bag of chips.

"How about Moonbyul? People say she's good at dancing." Sana suggested, quickly showing Mina an image of the dancer. The latter has seen Moonbyul before, she was impressed but it's the same problem as Seulgi. She doesn't talk to her.

"Nope. Don't talk to her."

"But, I know someone who does." Sana's eyebrows did this motion, it basically weirded Mina out considering it was a little, odd. The latter took a chip, raising an eyebrow.

"Who?"

"Chaeyoung!"

~

"I don't talk to Moonbyul."

"Sana." Mina glanced at Sana with an unimpressed look. One that was filled with disappointment and frustration. Mina was exhausted and she was eager to finish Dahyun's dance routine.

"But you said-"

Chaeyoung arched an eyebrow, leaning back on her chair, "I never said that. I said Yeri talks to Moonbyul but I don't. I can ask if you really need her." She muttered, her words muffled by the sandwich in her mouth.

Mina nodded quickly, "Yes please."

Chaeyoung chuckled, finding the penguins expression adorable. Sana then looked at the cub, excited as if she just got an idea, "Oh wait! Just ask Seulgi, she's friends with Yeri, right?"

"She's on vacation." Chaeyoung smiled, "Don't worry. I heard Moonbyul is a really nice senior, so don't worry about her, ok?" She chuckled, her dimples showing.

Mina chuckled as Sana and Chaeyoung made conversation, the latter occasionally teasing Sana while the squirrel would retaliate. It was basically a back and fourth conversation. The penguin was about to sit down, only until her phone started to ring.

Unknown Number

Mina sighed, putting the phone to her ear, "Hello?" She waiting for some robotic voice telling her she won an iPad or a car. One of those scams.

"Myoui Mina? It's me, Seo-Yeon!"

Her eyes widened but she made sure to hide her expression from the two others. Chaeyoung noticed her sudden turn around but didn't bother interrupting whatever Mina was doing.

"Ms. Seo-Yeon? How did you-" Mina shook her head, "-Is there anything you need?"

"I was wondering if we can eat at the bar today? It was fun talking to you before so I'd like to talk to you again." Her voice was smooth and in fact very soothing. Mina agreed to the plans before saying goodbye.

She would've told Sana but decided not to. Sana probably won't keep it a secret and end up telling everybody. Also, because Chaeyoung might know. Mina doesn't know the exact reason but she knows for a fact that Chaeyoung has had a past with Ms.Seo-Yeon.

"Who called?" Chaeyoung asked, averting her eyes from Sana who was busy looking at her phone.

"Just-" Mina hesitated but she proceeded to say it, even though it may be a lie, "a friend."

Chaeyoung nodded, but Mina could tell the tiger wasn't convinced about her answer. Mina sat beside Chaeyoung, her eyes on the book she was suppose to read but her mind was drifting somewhere else. So much to the point she grew far to curious. Mina looked at the cub, "Have you ever met Ms.Seo-Yeon?"

Chaeyoung tilted her head, confused, "No? Why do you ask?"

Mina clutched onto her bag, whether or not to keep pushing this topic. She was afraid she'll offend Chaeyoung but the latter seems to not know of Seo-yeoo at all. "Nothing. Just your reaction last time I talked about her, you looked-bothered."

Chaeyoung looked away for a second before meeting her eyes again, "My parents know her. They used to be friends but some things happened. My mom tried explaining, but she didn't know how to explain it to me at the time so I don't know the full story. Let's just say her relationship with my family caused problems." She chuckled, scratching the back of her head.

Now it all came clear. She smiled, a little satisfied with the answer. Chaeyoung went back to reading, a pretzel stick in between her fingers.

"Hello?" Chaeyoung spoke, holding her phone up to her ear. "Wow that was fast. How'd you get my text so quickly?"

Mina wasn't sure but it sounded as if whoever was calling Chaeyoung was overly excited. "Yes. Sure ask Seulgi. You sure she's close to Moonbyul?"

Ah that must be Yeri.

Chaeyoung distanced her phone from her ear before putting it back, "Ok, calm down first. Yeah, we need her help with something. Thanks!" The cub let out a sigh, putting the phone down. She chuckled.

"Congrats! Yeri can get to Moonbyul today actually so, expect a call." Chaeyoung smiled, throwing a thumbs up.

Mina was great full. She hasn't met Moonbyul personally but she's heard great things about the senior. Some would even say she was a huge girl crush which was a common compliment to Seulgi as well.

Chaeyoung smiled, stretching her arms as she spoke with Sana. Her words teasing Sana, of course using Dahyun as the main reason. Sana blushed, embarassed.

Just then, as Mina was about to excuse herself. A familiar voice reached her voice, a voice she wasn't expecting to hear for a very long time.

"Mina? Is that..you?"

::

Thanks for reading this chapter!🐧🐯