Chapter Two

Rowan's POV

I did my normal routine, a little more smiley than usual. I decided to bring Fishy too, for moral support. I told my dad that I was hanging with Elisia and Trevor today, so my dad better not find out about my plans.

"You know that Brandon Darrow kid?" Dad asked me as I ate my breakfast.

"Yeah, um. I know him. He's my friend." I say awkwardly.

"Well, he's getting released today. They got the wrong guy. After 3 months, we realized." Dad says.

"Thank gosh. I miss him." I say to my dad for the first time.

"I didn't know that you guys were friends." Dad says, "Sorry for the mix up."

"Yeah." I say, looking down, getting a text from Trevor.

Future Step-Bro: Yo we're here.

"I gotta go. Bye dad." I said, grabbing Fishy.

"Bye." Dad says.

I rushed out the door, getting in the passenger's seat. Elisia was in the back seat. "I'm excited."

"We know." They say at the same time.

"What are you going to say to him? Are you going to tell him that you're the reason he got sent there in the first place?" Elisia asked.

"I'm not going to tell him straight away. I'm going to tell him eventually, though." I said.

1 hour later

We arrived at the prison, and as soon as Trevor parked, I opened the door immediately and ran inside the prison. There, I see Brandon. He stopped what he was doing when he saw me. Brandon's hair is back to dirty blonde now. My whole body tensed up, forgetting what to do. We were both staring at each other.

"Please finish signing the papers." The man behind him said.

Brandon turns around awkwardly. The doors open again and I turned around. Trevor came in with a bag of Brandon's clothes he somehow forgot, and Elisia stood there by his side. Brandon looked up again, but the person told him to continue signing the papers.

After a few minutes, Brandon walked passed me. My heart stopped. Brandon grabbed the bag of clothes and went to the bathroom to change out of the stupid prison clothes. He never said anything. I turned around again and we gave each other odd looks.

"Let's um, wait outside." Elisia says.

We walked outside and waited for him. Why didn't he say anything? Was he upset? Did he somehow find out?

The door opens and I turn around to see Brandon. He smiles and I smiled back. I ran up to him so quick, almost tripping over a stupid rock on the way. Brandon giggled and I gave him a hug, a very long one. He hugs me back, and we stay like that for a least 2 minutes without saying anything to each other.

We pulled away. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." Brandon looked directly in my eyes, his hand touching mine.

"Did you forget about us?" Trevor asked.

"Oh right. I forgot how to socialize. This is almost the first time talking in three months." Brandon says, walking over to Trevor and giving him a hug.

"Wait, really?" Elisia asked.

"I behaved myself in there." Brandon chuckled. "And I was still in shock of being released so that's why I didn't say anything to you guys when I saw you guys." Brandon adds, hugging Elisia who isn't friends with him but they still hugged.