Chapter Seven

Rowan's POV

"I'm sorry about Brandon." Elisia says as we left the hospital.

"It's okay. You don't have to keep apologizing. You didn't do anything." I said.

"I know. I know you really like him and it just sucks that someone you like turns away." Elisia explains.

"Yeah. It's my fault. I was the one who sent Brandon to prison." I frowned.

"He's going to forgive you either way. His birthday is this weekend. Maybe you should take him out or something." Elisia says.

"That's what I'm planning to do, but Brandon doesn't sound happy for his birthday." I sighed.

"How old is he turning?" Elisia asked.

"I think he's going to be 18." I said, looking at Elisia.

"Yeah... 18 is an age where you have to start acting grown up. He's probably not ready for that." Elisia says.

"Are you saying he's childish?" I asked.

"N-no, he's definitely not. He was childish when he bullied you but when he stopped, he became a man." Elisia joked, making me laugh.

Nothing really happened for the rest of the day. Brandon and I never exchanged any words. We just stayed in our rooms until dinner time, but we still sat next to each other at the dinner table. After that, I took a shower and went to bed.

Tuesday

I got ready for the day. I decided to show up because I don't want to be failing any classes. I ate some breakfast and I open the door to leave but I heard a voice behind me. I turn around.

"Wait." Brandon says.

I waited for him and we left together. Once again, we just walked in silence. We were walking by Brandon's house when he pulled my arm and made us hide behind a bush tree thing.

"What?" I whispered.

"Shh." Brandon shushed me, whipping out his phone and filming his house.

I looked up and saw his dad standing there. I don't know what he was doing. I thought he was dead.

"You said he was dead." Brandon whispers, putting his phone away.

"I thought he was dead too..." I whispered dead. "It said on the news I-

"Come on, let's walk to school the other way." Brandon says, and I nod.

He stands up, grabbing my hand to help me up.

"Hey." His dad says.

"Run." Brandon said.

We booked it and ran to school. Once we made to the front entrance, we stopped. We looked at each other.

"Why would they lie about his death?" Brandon asked.

"I don't know. They said he was dead.." I said, looking around, lowering my voice.

"Whatever. P.s just keep leaving me alone, alright?" Brandon says before walking into school.

"Hey." Trevor walks up to me from behind.

I turn around. "I told him yesterday."

"Told him what?" Trevor asked.

"That I'm the reason he got sent to jail." I mumbled.

"What? Is he pissed?!" Trevor asked.

"Uh yeah what do you think?" I said in a mimicking voice.

"Oh. That's just sad. He'll forgive you. It'll be REAL easy for him to forgive you. I mean he loves you-

"He loves me?" My eyes widen.

"I don't know. I'm just assuming. When he looks at you, it looks like he's looking at his everything- his girlfriend- HIS SOULMATE, even when he's pissed at you. But I don't know. Pretty sure he just likes you." Trevor says. "But anyways, see you later Carrie."

I stood there for a few minutes. He doesn't love me. He just likes me.

But his dad is still alive?