Chapter Four

Rowan's POV

I was currently helping Brandon move into my house. There were not a lot of boxes, which was surprising because the last time I was in his room, he had a lot of things. Brandon and my dad also has been getting along very well.

"So Brandon, how did you and Rowan meet? She begged me for you to move in this morning." Dad smirked.

"I didn't beg, I asked." I said, Brandon smirking.

"Well, we met at school. We became great friends the first time we met." Brandon says.

"What-

Brandon playfully kicks my leg under the table, to keep me from talking more. As if right on cue, dad gets a call.

"I have to take this, I'll be right back." Dad says.

It was silent for a few seconds until I spoke up, "Do you know who's-

"I have to go take care of something. I'll be right back." Dad walks in.

"Okay." I said.

Dad leaves and I turn to look at Brandon. "Let's go to my room."

Brandon nods and we walked to my room. We sat in the same spot as where our first kiss was, and coincidently enough, he was wearing the same shirt of that night.

"Do you know who king cobra is?" I asked.

"No." Brandon sighs. "That's what I'm wondering myself."

"I think King Cobra is Zoe, and I think Sean's working with her." I sighed.

"Wait, Zoe and Sean?" Brandon raised an eyebrow. "Why Zoe and Sean?"

"The night after you were arrested, King Cobra somehow texted us but made it look like we were texting each other, saying that we all needed help at this one spot. We all got to that spot and we were confused because none of us needed help, but we 'texted' each other saying we needed help. We turned around and saw something bright through some plastic curtains so we went through them and we saw a group of people in white and one person dressed as a Cobra, and when they turned around, they looked like Zoe even though their mask was on. I looked at the other people and one of them was wearing a red hoodie, had that white mask on, but had Sean's hair." I explained.

"Wow. Um. So what now? Are we going to figure out who are these people in white masks and go through this shit?" Brandon asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders, looking down.

"Why do you think Zoe would do this? I thought you guys were fine with each other." Brandon furrowed his eyebrows.

"Dunbar and I were fine until the party so who knows with Zoe. I'll talk to Stinger, the guy who is helping us, tomorrow." I said, looking into Brandon's eyes who were staring back at mine.

I swear I got butterflies in my stomach.

"What happened to Hailey?" Brandon asked. "Is she good?"

"Um, her mom found out about everything somehow and they moved, switched schools and we can't get into contact." I explained, pinching the bridge of my nose, getting a little sad.

Brandon sighed, I let go of the bridge of my nose. "A lot can happen in 3 months. I'm sorry about Hailey." Brandon caressed my cheek.

We both stared at each other for a minute, admiring each other. Brandon leans in, connecting his lips with mine, our lips moving slowly in sync. My heart started beating faster, butterflies formed in my stomach.