somethings missing.

Click

You groan.

Click

Opening your eyes slowly, you notice you're in a dark room. In attempt to move your arms you also realise they're strapped to the apparent chair you're in. Something feels off, you should be remembering something... But what? A yellow lizard slips in the door, grinning.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Alphys." Something about her seems strange, you push it to the back of your mind. Alphys shifts a small TV in front of you, it looks like one you'd be excited to see in middle school. The screen lights up, making you squint at the sudden brightness.

"I've noticed you don't seem to remember anything, that's okay." She flicks through multiple cassettes then slides one into the player below the TV. The once static screen turned into a colorful one. There's a large skeleton and a human, one that looks similar to you but not identical. They seem happy, the human girl is beaming while the person behind the camera is laughing.

"Sans show us your trick again!" The camera person says between laughs. Sans, who you're assuming is the skeleton chuckles. A thick fog pours from his eye sockets and mouth, it's a blood red yet the intimidating action filled the girl with laughter. Alphys notices you've gotten bored and slides another cassette inside. This time, the girl is in tears. Sans seems to be frustrated, clutching his skull in his hands. The person filming is afraid, panting heavily. Another skeleton comes in, thin and tall wearing a turtleneck sweater. He grabs Sans and pulls him away, yet that very action makes Sans' hands and body to be covered in a red aura. The inaudible yelling doesn't help, the girl is covered in it also. There's a flash before a deafening shriek. The girl is laying lifeless on the ground, Sans seems frightened and runs towards her. The video cuts off with him cradling her in his arms.

"Now," Alphys begins.

"Lets take a look at what happened to you, to refresh your memory."

There's a video of Sans holding you, you're visibly crying. Looking closer, there's a dart in your neck. Did he hurt you? What happened? Your body goes limp, infuriating him. The entire ground is covered in a thick red fog, it's pouring from his eyes mixed with tears. He shouts, his voice is disorted and deep.

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO ALP-" The video cuts off. You pant heavily, everything seems off. Alphys seems satisfied, then places a gun in your lap.

"This, monster hurt you. He was planning to kill you (y/n)." This sentence fills you with rage, he killed the woman that loved him. He almost killed you, why? Alphys is pleased at your visible anger and slips your arms out of the straps. You grasp the gun, it seems like the silver pistol is destined to be in your hand. She puts a hand on your shoulder and brings her head close to your ear.

"You want revenge, don't you?" You nod, still frowning.

"Sans lives in Snowdin, he'll be excited to see you. Don't be fooled my subject." You smirk and walk out of the lab. Everything is familiar, yet you've never noticed it. There's a person covered in a purple cloak, the riverman. You ask for a ride to Snowdin then proceed to climb in.

"Tra la la, beware the man that speaks in hands." The words linger in the air, so calm yet threatening. You soon arrive at the town, the breeze is familiar. Everything is familiar, yet you want to destroy it all.

The townsfolk stare at you, which you admit bothers you slightly. The familiar house greets you, you knock politely and force an innocent smile on your face. A skeleton answers the door, it's Sans. His eyes are somehow sad and bloodshot, yet his expression changes from depressed to shocked. How long had it been? Seemed like a few hours at most, though your sense of time was off. He pulls you into a hug and laughs happily.

"Oh my god, (y/n)! You're back... You're back... PAPYRUS!" He calls for someone, who's frustrated when he runs down the stairs in a panic.

"Sans, what are you-" He notices you then wraps his arms around you also, something about the scent of spaghetti makes you feel guilty for what you have to do. They both bring you into their living room and sit you down, you decide to hide the gun in your back pocket. Sans sit you in his lap, holding you tight as if you would disappear if he let you go.

"What happened? Are you okay? Tell us about it!"

"Well, I mean I stayed with Alphys. That's it though." Sans doesn't seem to believe you, unlike his naïve brother who nods understandingly. After having many cups of tea and discussing your health Sans carries you into his room, sitting you on his bed. He sits on a chair next to it. He clearly notices something is off and points a hand at your chest, covering it in a red aura. You scramble further away, was he really going to kill you now?

"Stop!" A desperate shout escapes your mouth, shocking him.

"What really happened (y/n)?"

"Nothing."

"Don't lie to me. I know you." No he doesn't, he knows nothing about you.

"I'm not lying."

"You always become flustered when you lie, it's cute but makes you easy to read." You scrunch your nose , how did he realise that quickly? Ugh.

"Who was the human you killed." You ask blankly. This caught him off guard.

"So that's what happened, you don't trust me now. That's it right? You think i'll kill you, I understand." He looks at your chest. He's disgusting, perve.

"You pig!" You cross your arms.

"Where's your locket?"

"What locket?"

"The locket I gave you."

You shake your head confused, you never received a locket. Definitely not from him.

"I don't have a locket, you're delusional." He raises his hand to your chest, covering it in a red aura again. It glows, then a sharp pain makes you wince.

"Stop! It hurts!" You cry out. He grunts and leaves the room. There's a mirror on the back of the door. You glance at yourself, everything's the same... Except for your eyes.

They're glowing red.