She Can't Be Saved.

THIRD PERSON

The next few days consisted of Sans taking (y/n) to what used to be her favourite places in an attempt of sparking her memory. They first went to the place they met, the gate which only caused (y/n) to burst into tears. The whole of the underground had figured out what happened, and somehow felt a sense of pity. 

Sans knew exactly what he needed to do, and he didn't like it at all.

A cigar rested in between his teeth, the burning air of Hotlands had never bothered him this much. The large metal door of Alphys' lab opened abruptly. She let out an ironic laugh and wore a manic grin, she really was crazy. 

"Pleasant surprise to see you here, Sans." Her voice was filled with amusement. The skeleton growled and tossed his cigar on the ground before stepping on it. Alphys knew why he was there, she loved seeing him frustrated.

"Ah how impolite of me, come in." 

The lab had a lingering smell of chlorine and dried blood, it was dark and eerie. There's a click, then the once terrifying lab is now quite homely. There are a few pizza boxes scattered around, along with an army of  Mountain Pews from Grillbys. Sans chuckles which makes Alphys shoot him a glare. The two sit down, dusting the crumbs off of the bar stools.

"I'd assume ya know why I'm here." Sans starts, glancing around the lab. 

"For the human? She's quite something."

"You took her soul, didn't you?" Sans digs his boney fingertips into the bench, it frustrated him enough that she didn't laugh like she used to... But the fact she completely forgot him filled his soul with rage. Alphys lets out a psychotic giggle.

"What would be the fun in taking her entire soul?" The yellow lizard grabs a bottle of Mountain Pew from the bench, it's half full. She flicks the cap off and continues.

"See, her body wouldn't be able to function if I extracted the whole thing. She'd be nothing but an empty vessel." She tips a portion of the bottle onto the ground, bugs crawl desperately into the lime green liquid.

"Every monster would be unhinged knowing there's a soul they could absorb, being able to leave this place." A claw reaches into her pocket, pulling out a glass cylinder. Inside there's a liquid, presumably (Y/n)'s other half of her soul. Sans' face tenses up and his jaw clenches. The lizard is obviously entertained. He reaches for it, only for his hand to be slapped away. 

"Tsk. So impatient." Alphys indicates Sans to follow her and enters an elevator. The ride is short and uncomfortable, Sans knew where they were going. The doors open, casting a long square of light. The room was dark and only had a single vending machine. There are a series of halls though Alphys isn't phased and continues to walk down one of the many corridors. The room the two end up in is bright, a large machine covers a wall. 
A body is hanging from it. Sans' eye sockets widen, it's (Y/n). She's still in a suit, her hair is hanging over her soft and what used to be bright expression.

"Here is (Y/n)'s other half." Alphys shuffles to in front of the lifeless girl and runs her claws through her soft and silk like hair. The lizard laughs manically and in an instant throws the vile onto the ground and crushes it.

(Y/n)'s head perks up, she lets out a scream. Sans runs towards the struggling girl desperately trying to release her from the rusted machine. (Y/n) begins to sob and wail, her voice echoes.

"Everything hurts!" Her voice was shaking, pain visible. Sans couldn't do anything but watch helplessly as his light screamed in pain. Her body slowly starts to fade away, Sans cups her head in his hands letting her tears cover him. Even he's in tears now, he can't do anything...

Helpless.

Her legs are faded, shouts becoming louder and more frantic. The skeleton looks his angel in the eye, they're red. Not vibrant.

Alphys' laughs fill the room, intertwining with (Y/n)'s wails. Sans places a hand on (Y/n)'s mouth and rests his head on hers, voice breaking.

"I'm, so sorry (Y/n)." 

The rest of her body is faded, her head turns to a golden dust. An object hits the floor, her locket. The broken skeleton clutches it, holding onto the only part of his princess that remained.

_________________________________________________________________________________

(Y/n) leans on the garden chair, watching Papyrus entertain the small Monster Boy. They're both quite childish, it's quite hard to believe Pap is older than Sans. (Y/n) gazes at the top of the underground, if only there was a sun to look at. A cold sensation hits her face, knocking her head to the side. Snow falls onto her lap.

"Come play with us (Y/n)!" Monster Boy Chirps. He digs up snow with his nose and grips it softly in his mouth before throwing his head back and then jolting it forward to toss the clump of snow. 

"No it's okay, Papyrus loves spending time with you." 

Papyrus is lying in the snow, moving his arms and legs vigorously.
"I shall make the greatest snow angel of all time! I am the Great And Terrible Papyrus after all!"

Monster kid scrunches his snout and frowns, at times he was more mature than the childish yet adorable skeleton. A red aura appears in the corner of (Y/n)s eye, making her head turn curiously. Sans appears at the front door before letting himself in.
 (Y/n) follows closely, before being forced to stop. Her entire body was frozen, Sans turns furiously and throws her slim body into a wall. The once cocky look in the girls eyes was now blank. The skeleton places a hand on his chest, dragging his soul out. A sense of fear fills (Y/n)s head, but is soon drowned by nothingness. Sans places his hand on her chest, dragging her soul out. (Y/n)s soul was missing half, realisation hits.

"Sans stop, this could hurt you. My body could reject it!" She struggles against his grip. Sans' eye sockets are completely black, He brings (Y/n)s soul next to his. The blue heart guides it's way to the chrome one, slowly merging. The pain is unbearable for the both of them. Sans clenches his jaw while (Y/n) slips in and out of consciousness. The souls finally join, (Y/n)s mind is filled with Sans' memories. W.D Gaster, Alphys... Her.

All the times they had together, every laugh, every cry, every angry outburst. She could remember everything. Sans falls to his knees, (Y/n) collapses next to the weak skeleton. She places a hand on his cheekbone and whispers a sentence before slipping into the abyss of her mind.

"I love you, Sans."