the souls memories

You sit in idle, inhaling the warm, humid air of hotland. Sans had been gone for a while now, had you annoyed him again? Maybe he was tired of you... Maybe

We got ourselves a dog!

You wince are the harsh words that had escaped his mouth, that day hadn't been great for you. While you believe he had definitely changed, a part of you still felt a sense of hatred for him despite your affection emotions towards him. You place a hand over your chest and drag your soul out, examining it. The small soul was a crystallised red, the colour must be from when San merged his with yours. If you had half of his soul, would that mean...

You swipe your hand across the soul, a number of images flash before pin pointing memories.
———————
A young girl approached the gate shaking, she wore a striped sweater and eyes were slightly closed.
She was so frail, so innocent.
So...
Beautiful.
Her thin legs gave in from under her and she fell to the ground, letting out a small yelp in pain. I watch her fall into the snow, her body relaxes.
She was unconscious.
I had two options..
Leave the small human there to die from hypothermia...
Or help her.

A sharp light flashed and the memory cut to a different time.

I place her onto my bed, hoping Papyrus wouldn't come home until much later. My hand runs through her soft hair, she was so gorgeous... so cute.
Her eyes fluttered open, before her eyes widened in both fear and confusion.

"Where am I? Who are you?" Her voice trembled, eyes threatened to cry.

"It's okay, I'll protect you.." I placed my hand on her cheek, watching her relax instantly.
"What's your name pretty lady?"
She hesitated, biting her lip.
"My name is (y/n)"
I smile, nodding.
"The names Sans."

The memory once again switched.

"Please (y/n)... Please stay with me!" My voice cracked as I watched the light slowly drain from her shining eyes. She brings her hand to my cheekbone, smiling weakly.
"Smile for me Sans."
Her eyes were now grey, she fought off the drowsiness.
"(Y/n) I can't live without you here with me... please stay..." My tears dropped onto her cheek.
(Y/n)'s eyes closed... My eye sockets went wide as I began shouting her name in hopes of her coming back.

——————-

You wake from the memory crying slightly, not knowing how to feel about seeing you die. A sudden need to see Sans rushed over you, your legs began moving by themselves and you were soon sprinting from hotland to Snowdin, passing waterfall on the way.
The echo flowers were repeating passing conversations as you ran. Laughter emitted from them, true laughter.
The familiar house came into view, you slammed the door open in excitement before throwing yourself onto Sans. This knocked the both of you over, he held you tight.

"Hey doll, why the sudden affection?" Sans chuckled, rubbing your head.

"I love you."

Your reply hitched his breath still, it was cute.

"I love you to the surface and back, (y/n)"

"That's fucking gross." A disgusted voice came from the kitchen. It was a voice you were oh too familiar with.

"E...Elliot...?" You lifted your head up slowly, it was definitely him. His calf had two bones on either side as some sort of brace, you had an idea on how that happened.

"Hey (y/n), how's things?"

You stood up, backing away. Your entire body was shaking at this point, making the fear you had for him painfully obvious. Sans stood up, brushing himself off and approaching Elliot.
While you believed Elliot would never be able to hurt you, there was still an uneasy aura surrounding him.
That's when you noticed the handcuffs around his wrists, the chains clearly snapped. Sans pat Elliot's leg twice, ignoring the sharp inhales he took.

"Don't you worry your sweet little head about this guy (y/n) he's pretty harmless."
Elliot has never been harmless, never had he ever spared mercy for you and you doubt he ever would.

You stormed up to Sans' room, slamming the door shut and locking it. You grab a pillow and continue to scream into it until your throat hurts.
Despite the door being locked, it clicks open, revealing a smirking Elliot.
The brace...
It was gone...
He shuts the door behind him and locks it, you feel terrified once again.

"Let's have a chat, why don't we."