One Night Stand(s)

After a while living with Ace had its ups and downs. The the ups where that I was with him and I got to see him perform. The downs where that sometimes when we were on tour and stayed in hotels he brought up chicks. During those nights I would leave the room and wonder around the hotel.

And this night wasn't an exception. I was sitting on the couch reading a book I brought with myself. We were in Denver and as the boys had the best show so far they went out to a bar and since I'm not twenty-one yet they wouldn't let me in. So I had to think of an alternative.

It was a cliqué romantic novel that I was reading this particular night.

It was all quiet until I heard Ace's laugh, some giggles and foot steps. I sighed in annoyance. I knew what those giggles meant but I tried to focus on reading anyways. But then the door opened and Ace came in with a black haired girl. His hands were everywhere on her body. It made me want to puke.

'Oh, sorry Babe.' Ace looked at me. 'I thought you were asleep.' He chuckled.

'Nope.' I said quietly. 'But it's alright. I wanted to take a walk anyways.' I closed my book and threw it on the table. 'Don't wait up.' I said avoiding eye contact with him while I put on my jacket and went out the door.

I didn't look back and concentrated on the floor. I walked all the way to the elevator and when I wanted to go in I stumbled into someone.

'Sorry.' I said faintly.

'Anastasia?' I heard a raspy voice. 'Where are you going?' I finally looked at him.

'Thought I would take a walk.' I shrugged.

'Are you crazy? It's dark outside.' He stopped me from going into the elevator.

'It's okay. I've been doing it every other night.' I smiled.

'Is something wrong?' He asked.

'Everything's fine.' I put a fake smile on my face.

'Well, I just came back from the bar but I don't want you to walk the streets alone. So if you go, I'll keep you company.' He smiled and pushed the button so the elevator opened again.

I didn't say anything to Peter at all. We exited the hotel and started walking somewhere. I wasn't paying attention to the road itself. I just wanted to be as far away from Ace as possible. I didn't even known what I was feeling. I just knew that him bringing up chicks sent me off the edge. He's been doing it since the Love Gun Tour and stopped while they took a month break. But now they were on tour again. And since the tour started he continued this habit of his.

'What's on ya mind?' He kicked a pebble.

'Nothing.' I lied.

'I can see it on ya face. Tell me about it. I won't tell anyone.' He did like he was zipping his mouth and then threw the key away.

I was hesitant for a minute. I trusted Peter it wasn't that. He would never tell anyone but my problem was Ace. And he's Peter's closest friend.

'So?' He arched a brow while he stopped.

'It's Ace.' I sighed. 'He did the same on the last tour and is doing it again.' I whined. At least that's what I felt like I was doing.

'What, Babe?' He furrowed his brows.

'Bringing chicks to the hotel room we share. It's getting out of hand.' I stared at the ground that was covered in leafs. 'Especially that we share a king sized bed.' I whispered. 'I spent the last two nights on couches.' I added quietly.

'Have you talked to him about this?' His voice was concerned.

'Nah. How could I bring this up?' I looked at him. Even though he was tipsy or whatever he seemed to be worried about the situation I was having.

'You're not sixteen anymore. You'll be twenty-one in three months, I think you know how to bring this topic up.' He advised.

'But I don't wanna sound like a whining bitch to him.' I sighed in annoyance.

'You won't, Babe. Trust me.' He smiled and gave me a hug. Which I really needed at that moment.

Soon we returned back to the hotel due to the night weather. Peter went into his room and I walked around the lobby then I decided that I would use the stairs instead of the elevator. I walked slowly trying to avoid any human being on the halls.

All I wanted was to sleep. Preferably in a bed but that wasn't an option. I quietly opened the door and made my way towards the couch but I stopped in motion when the lights lit up.

'I thought you would never come back.' He wiped his eyes.

'I did as you can see.' I took a deep breath.

'Aren't you gonna come into the bedroom?' He started walking but stopped mid-way.

'Aren't your little hookup is there?' I raised a brow. 'I wouldn't want to interrupt things between you two.' I tried to hold back my anger.

'What are you talking about? She left not long after you.' He got defensive.

'Sending them home after a happy hour. Way to go Paul.' I pointed my thumbs at him.

'What's your problem Anastasia?' He crossed his arms. 'I said she left soon after you.'

'Why? She wasn't good enough? Sexy enough? Or you couldn't put it -'

'Okay, stop! What is your problem again? Because I didn't do anything.' He put his hands on my shoulders. 'I sent her away after I saw how upset you were.' He looked me in the eyes.

'I wasn't.' I murmured looking at the ceiling breaking eye contact with him.

'Oh, I get it now.' He let go of me. 'You're jealous.' He chuckled to himself.

'What? I'm not!' I shouted and punched his shoulder.

'Then what's the real matter?'

'The chicks.' I whispered. 'I hate them. You bringing them to the hotel rooms even though you know we share a bed because you're too lazy to ask for two separate ones.' I locked eyes with him at the end.

'Why would I ask for separate ones?' He shrugged. 'I want you close to me so I can make sure that you're safe.' He smiled. There was also a strange sparkle in his eyes that I couldn't name.

'But... Could you please stop bringing them up? I don't wanna see your hook-ups.' I bit my lower lip.

'You got my word Babe.' He did the same with his lip. 'Come here.' He pulled me in for a hug which I returned.

It felt good. Too good.