Meeting After A Long Time

Since Eric got sick I haven't seen the others. I talked to them on phone but I couldn't bring myself to face them. After his death it was even harder. But I had to collect my strength because I had a six year old daughter to take care of.

So yeah, it took me a while to finally meet the new drummer.

'Babe, this is Eric Singer our newest member. And Eric, this is Babe, Ace's long life girlfriend, now wife.' He introduced us to each other.

'Hi' I extended my hand.

'Nice to meet ya.' He shook my hand.

'Uhm, this may sound rude, but can I call you Singer? It's a little hard for me to say his name.' I asked him.

'Sure.' He smiled genuinely. 'But you can call me Doyle if you want to.' He offered.

'I'll stick with Singer but thank you.' I smiled back. 'Welcome to the team.' I patted his shoulder and went to sit on the couch.

'Mommy!' Liz burst through the door.

'Hey, princess!' Paul shouted from across the room.

'Uncle Paul!' And with that she lost interest in me.

She ran into his arms and he spun her around in the air.

'This is your daughter?' Eric stepped next to the couch I was sitting on.

'Yeah. Her name is Elizabeth. Peter and Ace choose it.' I chuckled.

'Beautiful name.' He said.

'Eric, come here.' Paul motioned at him. 'I want you to meet Beth.' He said.

Eric looked at me and I nodded as approval so he went over to them. He knelt down beside her and shook hands with Liz.

'Sorry Babe, she's pretty fast.' Ace hopped down next to me.

'It's okay.' I snuggled up to him.

'This is the new guy?' He pointed at Eric who was now introducing Elizabeth to his drumset.

'Yeah. Eric Singer.' I sighed. 'She's still into those drums.' I took a deep breath.

'That's Eric's impact.' He kissed my forehead.

Everytime I brought Lizzie with me to some of the concerts or rehearsals she invaded the drums. And of course Eric was swooned by it. He tried to teach her everything about the drums.

'Mommy, Eric said I'm a natural.' She ran towards us.

'Oh, really?' I gave her a quick hug. 'Did you tell him who taught you?' I smiled.

'Noo.' She sing-sang.

'Then you should go back and tell him.' I patted her little cheek. She quickly ran back to Singer and he sat her down on the stool. 'She likes him.' I whispered.

'She loves drums and he plays it. Of course she likes him.' Ace said. 'Try to leave before Gene comes.' He sat up straight. 'I gotta go now.' He looked at his watch.

'Fine.' I smiled. 'Call me when you get there.' I looked up at him.

'I will, Babe.' He sighed and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

He then got up, said goodbye to Liz and the others and went out. He had some business to do and I was getting tired of staying inside the house.

'You alright?' Paul sat down next to me.

'Why is everyone keep asking this?' I sighed.

'Because you were pretty close to him, that's why.' He stated.