Not Again

That one year turned into two and it still continued. Being on the road with an eleven year old while being four months pregnant is not that fun.

We still haven't told anyone as I wasn't showing yet. Not even Elizabeth. We wanted to tell her at the right time and lately that was never.

If Ace didn't have a show then he had to attend an event or do an interview or rehearse. And I was always left with Liz.

It's not that I mind it because I don't. I knew he had to do all of it but sometimes it bothered me. I mean I was four months pregnant and my own daughter didn't know about it.

'Eric called me and he's gonna be near us. I told him I'll meet them and I'm bringing Lizzie too.' I told Ace who was just sitting on the bed looking out of his head. 'Hey!' I threw a pillow at him.

'What?' He asked.

'Nothing. Elizabeth and I are taking a trip tomorrow.' I said.

'Oh. Good.' He scoffed.

'Don't worry, we'll be back before we have to leave the city.' I told him leaving the room.

He's been acting strange lately and it bothered me. He spaced out a lot and hardly listened to me.

The evening went by quickly. The boys had a show that we watched from the front row and Elizabeth went to sleep right after she had her bath.

I was ready to go to sleep myself too but Ace was tumbling in bed. And he was sniffing too much. It was the middle of summer so it made me question him.

'Tell me you're not doing it again.' I said, my voice trembling.

'Doing what?' He turned on the lamp on the nightstand.

'You know exactly what I'm talking about.' I turned to look at him.

'No, I don't. Let's sleep, shall we?' He turned the lamp off.

I took a deep breath and eventually I fell asleep.

We woke up early in the morning to get ready. Ace was still sleeping so we had to be quiet.

'Why is daddy not coming with us?' She took a bite of her sandwich.

'Because it's a girls' trip and we're going to meet uncle Bruce and Eric.' I refilled her glass with orange juice.

'Yes! Finally!' She cheered.

'Now, let's finish breakfast then we hit the road.' I smiled at her.

I cleaned the table then went back to get dressed. Ace was up but still laying in bed.

'Where you going?' He sit up a little.

'I told you last night.' I put on a shirt.

'Babe.' He sighed.

'Don't Babe me.' I sat down so I could put on my shoes.

'Anastasia.' He held my hand. 'I swear I'm clear.' He bit his lips.

'I know.' My voice was cold. 'We'll be back by the end of the show.' I stood up.

He didn't say anything. I left the room without giving him a kiss.

'Honey, you ready?' I asked my daughter.

'Yes.' She walked out of her room, rearranging her bag.

'What's that big bag for?' I pointed at it.

'I have presents for uncle Bruce and Eric.' She balanced on her heels.

'Okay, let's go.' I grabbed the car keys.