The Bells Are Ringing

August 29. 1985.

The day when I got married to the love of my life - Paul Daniel Frehley.

Obviously I was a nervous wreck. We both got up at 5 am but went our separate ways at 5:30 am. I had a dress to pick up but of course didn't have a driver's license so I had to call Eric.

'I'm so sorry.' I grabbed my purse from the shelf.

'It's okay Babe.' He chuckled. 'Let's go.' He reached for my hand and dragged me after himself.

Eric helped me in everything. I didn't really had girlfriends to gossip with, even though Shannon was there. We didn't really talk as she spent most of her time with Gene.

And Eric was always by my side as I was there for him through everything. He still thinks that I had something to do with the fact that he got in the band. But in reality, I don't. It was all him.

'We're here. I'll wait in the car.' He stopped the engine.

I got out of the car and went inside the big building. As soon as I entered it a woman ran up to me with my dress in her hands.

'Thank you.' I took it from her hands.

'Have a great day, Miss Babineaux.' She smiled at me.

I already payed for the dress so all I had to do was get back home in time. And it all happened thanks to Eric.

'Okay. You have four hours to get ready.' He stopped the car in front of the house. 'Imma go and make sure everything is alright on Ace's side. We don't want him get d-'

'I know.' I interrupted him with a sigh. 'Go and do what you gotta do.' I smiled.

I then got out of the car and went inside. We didn't want to make a big deal of it so I did my own makeup and my hair. And I had four hours for that to be done.

So I quickly ran up the stairs and took a shower. I washed my hair then put it in a towel and put one around myself too. Then I sat down in front of my vanity and started doing my makeup. Everything was quiet which was relaxing.

Ever since we started planning this wedding our house was louder than a football game. We had to agree on everything - which was the hardest part to be honest.

We disagreed on so many things. Ace wanted to throw a big party while I wanted a little one with the boys, my parents and his parents only. That was our first disagreement.

The second was about where we should hold the ceremony. I wanted a nice chapel, he wanted a big venue.

Even a few plates and glasses were broken but in the end we agreed.

We ranted a nice little restaurant with an open backyard. We thought it would be the best option for us. Then we sent out the invitations to his and my parents and the guys. Everyone could bring a plus one of course.

'Damn.' I sighed looking at my reflection in the mirror.

I still had three hours to get ready.

When i finished my make-up, I got into my dress. It wasn't that extra. It was a beautiful dress. It may be funny but Eric and Paul helped me choose it. I didn't want Ace to see my dress until the wedding. It means bad luck.

I was now standing in front of the big mirror. In my dress, my makeup perfect, only my hair was still in a towel. I quickly dried it and thanks to my genes, it was slightly curly. So all I had to do was put the upper half into a messy bun. Now I looked perfect.

'Okay. I'm done with everything. So you can come and get me if you're free.' I told Eric on the phone.

'I'll be there in fifteen.' He said then hung up.

I put the phone back to its original place then sat down. I waited patiently for Eric to arrive. Once he did we headed to the restaurant. They built a little room for me to keep me away from Ace though.

Only Eric stayed with me until everyone got seated in their places.

'Okay. Ace and Peter are at the altar with the priest. And everyone's here.' He peeked through the little crack. 'You're beautiful, Anastasia.' He smiled. 'Ace is a lucky guy.' He gave me a hug.

'Thank you, Eric.' I returned his hug. 'Can you get my dad? I need you to be there at the altar.' I smiled genuinely.

'Of course, Babe.' He winked and left me alone.

As I had lack of girlfriends, it was Eric's task to be my maid of honor, well my best man. I didn't even had bridesmaids. I know, there was Shannon, but I didn't know her enough to make her that. It would've felt unfair.

'Look at you.' My dad entered the little room. 'You look mesmerizing Ana.' Dad said. 'I'm so proud of you. Even though you left us for that rocker kid.' He chuckled. 'I love you kiddo.' He wrapped me in a hug.

'I love you too, Dad.' I said my voice shaking.

'Are you ready to do this?' He let go of me.

I wiped off the few tears that escaped and nodded. He took my arm, and we slowly started walking out. The music began playing, everyone stood up. And finally Ace turned around to look at us.

He then buried his face in his hands and crouched down. And it made me tear up while my dad walked me down the aisle.

When we finally arrived to the altar, dad let me go and made Ace promise him, he would take care of me like he did before.

'We gather here to unite these two people in marriage.' The priest started. 'Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend.' He continued.

I glanced at Ace who had tears in his eyes. And I guess I had too.

'Do you both pledge to share your lives openly with one another, and
to speak the truth in love? Do you promise to honor and tenderly
care for one another, cherish and encourage each other, stand together, through sorrows and joys, hardships and triumphs for all the days of your lives? Do you pledge to share your love and the joys of your marriage with all those around you, so that they may learn from your love and be
encouraged to grow in their own lives?' The priest asked.

'We do.' We said at the same time.

'May these rings be blessed as a symbol of your union. As often as
either of you look upon these rings, may you not only be reminded of
this moment, but also of the vows you have made and the strength of your commitment to each other.' He took out the rings. Paul, please repeat after me... I, Paul, promise to love and support you Anastasia and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this
ring I thee wed.' The priest said.

'I, Paul, promise to love and support you Anastasia and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring I thee wed.' Ace said while he put the ring on my finger.

'Anastasia, please repeat after me... I, Anastasia , promise to love and support you Paul and live each day with kindness, understanding, truth, humor, and passion. With this ring I thee wed.' I said the same vow and put the ring in Ace's finger.

'Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.' He finished.

Then Ace put his hands on my waist, pulled me closer and kissed me passionately. Everyone was cheering and clapping. It was the best day of my life.

I was glad that I was able to spend it with the people I love. It really made the day special...