Addition To the Family

September 13. 1986.

'Paul! I want this thing out of me!' I screamed.

'This thing is our daughter.' He scolded me.

It used to turn me on but now it just makes me more angry. I've been like this for the past seven months I want this child out of me. Now.

To explain everything, this whole pregnancy was built on a mistake. Mistake in the meaning of partying with the boys.

They celebrated the success of the tour - midway of course - and invited me too. But since Ace and I got married we go to everything together. If I can't come then he doesn't go and vice versa. Except for a tour. That I go to and he can't say no.

So we went to this party of theirs and we had a little too much to drink, ended up in a hotel room, which belonged to Eric somehow, and that's how our little bundle of joy came into being.

It's not that I regret it because since I knew I was pregnant I loved her. But she's about to be born and I don't know if I'll be capable of taking care of her. I don't want the same path for her that I went through. I want to give everything to her but I'm already miserable. Probably because I can't take the pain anymore she's causing.

'Ace, please.' I begged him even though I knew he couldn't do anything to erase the pain.

'Wish I could do something, Love.' He embraced me in a hug.

'Call a doctor.' I sighed.

'It's going to be fine.' He caressed my back. 'They will go away. You're not due so relax, Love.' He said.

'If you were in my shoes you'd think differently.' I hissed while I hit his chest.

'Gosh you're a grumpy little woman.' He grimaced like it didn't even hurt him.

'Try being pregnant.' I sat up moving away from him.

'No thanks. I'll pass.' He crossed his arms.

We stayed quiet for a long time. I didn't look at him, didn't snuggle up to him. I was angry but didn't know why. I had been since I got pregnant. My mood swings killed both of us. It bothered me that I can't control it and it got on Ace's nerves most of the time.

I even reached a point where I thought a divorce would be better. But I couldn't. I love him more than anything in life. I would literally die for him.

'Paul?' I moved closer to him. 'I'm sorry.' I whispered.

He didn't say a word just pulled me into his lap and hugged me really tightly.

'Hey.' I looked up at him. 'I'm really sorry.' I was at the verge of crying.

'For what, Love?' He patted my arms.

'For being a fucking idiot lately.' A tear rolled down my cheek.

'It's because you're pregnant.' He smiled while he wiped down the tear. 'Also I've been with you since 1970. I think I can handle your pregnant ass.' He giggled.

'Oh, fuck you.' I laughed while the tears rolled down my cheeks.

'I love you too Anastasia.' His voice was soft.

He never called me Anastasia since he gave me my nickname. Last time he called me by my name was when we first said those three words. That was five and a half years ago.

The first time when he called me Anastasia was when he got angry at me before he left me and when I popped up at his new house uninvited. These were the only occasions when he called me by my name. So it made me even more emotional.

September 30. 1986.

I was officially eight months pregnant but it seemed like my daughter wanted to come out.

'If you don't take me into the hospital right now then I'm gonna push this baby out near your beloved guitars. Try me SpaceAss.' I gritted.

I still wasn't due but I knew she could come out any moment. What I felt were contractions. They weren't like the ones I had before.

'Paul I'm begging you!' I cried.

'Okay, okay. Get in the car.' He said. 'I'll be there in a minute.' He added.

I felt a little bit relieved so I got a hold of myself and went outside to the car. I got inside the car and within five minutes Ace arrived too.

He put a bag in the back seat and started the engine. We didn't stop until we reached the hospital where we specifically asked for a one bed room.

He called the hospital to be ready, so when we arrived a nurse welcomed us and put me in a wheelchair which I was really thankful for. But it still didn't make the pain go away.

He took me inside the building and we stopped at the check in desk. He told the nurse who we are and what kind of room we asked for.

'I'm sorry but there's only a room with two beds.' She said.

'But we said we needed a one bed room.' I told her.

It went on for five minutes before I spoke up.

'What if I were the president? Would you still wanted to push me into a room with some other woman?' I asked.

'Well -' She couldn't finish it.

'Babe, I love you, but that would be terrible considering you don't know where the countries are located.' He patted my hair and kissed the top of my head.

But then a miracle happened. Our doctor entered the building and Ace told him about the situation we were in. He scolded the nurse and told us to follow him.

There I was put onto a bed. He asked how long it's been like this. I told him since I woke up at 6 am. He also checked out my voohoo and said he'll get the labour room ready. Then he left us alone.

'I'm about to be a mom.' I gasped and Ace held my hand. 'And you're gonna be a dad. A great one.' I cried.

'Don't cry Babe.' He stroked my hair with his other hand. 'I'll be right back. I'm gonna call the boys.' He stood up.

'Okay.' I nodded.

He went out and I was left alone with the pain. I never thought I would ever be a mother to someone. When I took off to be with Ace I thought my life's gonna be an endless party. I didn't think I would marry Paul Daniel Frehley.

Time passed by real slowly. I still wasn't ready to give birth but slowly went into that direction. The boys arrived along with Shannon too.

'Babe!' Eric entered the room firstly then the rest came in too.

'I would be so happy to jump up and hug you, but your God child is causing me pain.' I said.

'It's fine Babe.' He smiled and leant down to give a kiss on my temple.

'Hi guys!' I waved at the rest of them.

'Hi Babe!' They said in union.

'Don't you have another month though?' Paul asked me.

'Well she wants to see the world.' I giggled but it was cut by feeling a sudden warmth under myself. 'Someone get the fucking doctor!' I yelled. 'Sorry but my water just broke!' I looked at them concerned.

'I'm going.' Shannon said.

'I'll come with you.' Gene added.

They both went out and came back under a minute with the doctor and Ace. The doctor told Ace to get dressed up and meet us in the labour room. He did while the doctor pushed me inside and got ready.

Minutes later three nurses entered the room with Ace. I was in so much pain. I couldn't concentrate on anything than pushing this kid out of myself.