Chapter Seven

Zi Xuan threw him the pyjamas, not willing to look at Yu Hao. He couldn't risk his jeans straining anymore then they were.

He was in the middle of setting the couch up like a bed when his sister came in, being pushed up against the door by a Korean-looking guy who was definitely not George.

He coughed once awkwardly, making both of them turn their heads to look at him. "Qian Rui." He nodded. Then turned his head towards the guy. "Who's this?"

"I am DongBae." Said the guy in very simplistic accented Mandarin.

"What happened to George?" Zi Xuan had his eyebrows raised, about to prove a point when the bathroom door opened and Yu Hao stumbled out.

Clad in Zi Xuan's grey sweatpants and no shirt, he grasped the door frame for balance. Qian Rui smirked.

"And who's this?" The tables were turned. Hey brother hadn't had anyone in the house in years, and now this guy was here. Her brother looked obviously flustered as Yu Hao limped over to him, moving his hands across Zi Xuan's shoulders and leaning against his neck. "I'm tired." Yu Hao whispered, kissing a spot on Zi Xuan's neck. "Please take me to bed."

Zi Xuan ignored Qian Rui, turning around to face Yu Hao. "You're going to sleep on the couch." His words immediately made Yu Hao's brows crinkle in anger.

"Don't want to sleep on the couch." Shirtless Yu Hao glared at Zi Xuan, his arms still circled around Zi Xuan's neck. "Want to sleep with you." He leaned forward and snuggled into Zi Xuan, smiling happily.

"No." Zi Xuan pushed him away. "Sleep on the couch. I'll drive you home in the morning, and you won't regret anything, okay?"

Yu Hao shook his head. "I would regret anything. All I want to do..." he moved closer again, training a shaky finger down from Zi Xuan's bottom lip to his chest, "is kiss you."

Zi Xuan shook his head, extremely flustered. Putting two hands on either of Yu Hao's shoulders, he turned him around, pushing him into the couch.

Heading to the kitchen, he filled up a glass of water, bringing it back to Yu Hao and setting it on the table next to him. "Drink some water. That way your head won't hurt that much tomorrow." Yu Hao glared at him, pulling the blanket up over his body.

"I'm too cold here." Yu Hao pouted. "Please let me sleep with you."

Zi Xuan shook his head. "Better if you just stay in here."

With a pat on his head, Zi Xuan walked to his room, getting in his own pyjamas and laying down on his bed. He had almost closed his eyes when a loud sound was heard from Qian Rui's room, followed by loud moans. He groaned, rolling over to face his window, putting a pillow over his ears. It muffled the outdoor world enough that he didn't hear Yu Hao come in.

Suddenly, the bed sunk slightly, a new weight being put on the other side. Zi Xuan felt warm hands envelope him, a long nose cuddling against his neck.

"You know, I'm really lonely."

Zi Xuan felt his barricaded crumbling, the iron around his heart rusting away when he heard Yu Hao's words. "Seriously. I had a girlfriend, but I broke up with her. I haven't touched someone in weeks."

"Why'd you break up with her?" Zi Xuan asked, his hand slowly moving down to trace up and down Yu Hao's arm, which was wrapped around his waist. The arm felt warm and muscular, soft but strong, and Zi Xuan could feel himself falling into the carefree embrace.

"Well... I didn't like her. After I stopped being able to take her places, she always came to my apartment. 'I'll do this, Yu Hao, I'll handle this'." Zi Xuan laughed with he did a high pitches impression of his ex-girlfriend. "I snapped at her one night. And all she did the next couple of days was try to get me to go to therapy. Which I didn't need."

Xuan stoped his gentle movements for a second. "Why didn't you need therapy?"

"Because, therapy is stupid." Yu Hao shrugged behind him. "I don't miss her, anyway. I just miss having someone around, someone who cares about me."

Zi Xuan swallowed, squeezing the soft forearm flesh. "Zhen Wen cares about you." Gaining confidence, he turned around in Yu Hao's arms, pulling him closer and tracing his arms around his toned back. "I care about you."

Yu Hao avoided his gaze. "Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I killed myself. If anyone would miss me. Or if it would be on the news one day, and out the door the next." Zi Xuan was shocked by his confession. He wanted to say something, but Yu Hao spoke before he could. "I thought about it a lot the first couple weeks after they issued my 'break' from volleyball. I schemed about it constantly. I could hobble up some stairs and jump off a really high building, or I could just take way too many prescription painkillers and be on my way. It would be so easy." He sighed. "But you know, I didn't do it."

Zi Xuan pulled him in tighter, stroking Yu Hao's soft hair now. "Why didn't you?" His voice was weak, and so were his emotions as the confessions rang out.

"Because. I guess some how I knew I would find a guardian angel. Like you." He smiled, kissing Zi Xuan's neck. "You might not like it, but I love you."

Zi Xuan kissed the top of Yu Hao's head, biting his lip. "Let's go to sleep now, eh? Long day tomorrow."