Chapter Eight

Yu Hao woke up in an unfamiliar bed, with unfamiliar arms wrapped around him. His first thought: "shit, who did I hook up with last night?"

He stretched slowly, careful not to disturb the person beside him. He admired the view of the city from this apartment. It was smoggy, but beautiful in its own way. His second thought: "fuck, she must be rich."

He ran a hand through his hair. He was shirtless and wearing... pyjama pants? He scrunched up his eyebrows. What did he go out wearing last night?

Slowly, his memories came flooding back, even with his throbbing hangover. Zi Xuan, dressed down and grinning at him. Zi Xuan, stroking his back and kissing his body sweetly. He stood up, turning around fast to see Zi Xuan.

And what a sight he was.

Face slightly red from the warmth of the blanket, he had already replaced Yu Hao and was snuggling up with a pillow. He had a old-looking navy blue tank top on, and he looked... well... adorable.

Yu Hao wanted to lean in and wake him up with a kiss, but he knew he couldn't. He was mad that he had taken his 'crush' too far. Who knows what Zi Xuan knew now.

So, Yu Hao changed into his clothes from yesterday and left, limping home alone in the morning traffic.

•••

Zi Xuan wasn't super concerned when Yu Hao didn't show up to coach on Tuesday, but he was still worried enough to call Zhen Wen.

He picked up on the third ring. "Hello?" He sounded confused and breathless.

"Hi, this is Zhen Wen right?" Zi Xuan confirmed, then went on to ask. "Do you know where Yu Hao is today?"

Zhen Wen took a loud breath on the other end. "He told me he was sick." Zi Xuan nodded on the other end.

"Oh, okay. I'll stop by his place, bring him something to eat." He could practically hear Zhen Wen's relief over the phone.

"Thank you so much, Zi Xuan. I didn't have time to go check up on him today. Something happened with our daycare centre so Zhen Wu needed help with the little ones."

"When Yu Hao is well enough, we can look after then while you two find another childcare place, if you want?" Zi Xuan offered. He hadn't talked to Yu Hao since the sleep incident, so he was happy to sign him up for anything that would have them stuck with each other for a while.

"That would be awesome! Thank you so much, Xuan. You're an angel." Zhen Wen's words made him blush as he remembered Yu Hao whispering them in the dark days ago. He hung up the phone, pushing it in his pocket.

So he's 'sick'. Xuan rolled his eyes as he got into his vehicle, shaking his head. Or he's just avoiding me.

However, since he had looked after his sister for so long, he knew how to handle someone who was sick. First, he stopped by a restaurant and grabbed a to-go bowl of wonton soup.

He followed the instructions Zhen Wen had texted him, pulling into the parking lot of a nice looking apartment. Yu Hao lived on the third floor, in complex 234. Zi Xuan walked up the flights of stairs towards it, getting more and more nervous as he got closer.

It didn't help that Yu Hao probably didn't remember confessing to him and cuddling up to him. He probably didn't remember begging to sleep with Zi Xuan, or trying to kiss him. Just thinking about those incidents, or Yu Hao's plump, kissable lips, was enough to make his heart beat immensely faster.

He knocked on the wooden door, hearing someone having a coughing fit inside. "Hey, Yu Hao. It's me. I brought you some soup." He smiled to himself.

"Zi Xuan?" A raspy voice said from inside the room.

"Yeah, I'm here." He said, biting his lip and listening closely as footsteps came to the door. Yu Hao opened it, looking like... a sick mess. His hair was messed up, and his usually tan skin was pale like a ghost. He was wearing baggy clothing, and he looked skinnier than usual.

However, Zi Xuan's face still brightened when he saw his friend. He didn't know what it was, but even a glance at Yu Hao made him smile.

"You want to come in?" Yu Hao asked, turning his head to the side and coughing not-so-discreetly. He swallowed painfully, then looked back up at Zi Xuan.

"Sure." Zi Xuan came in, setting the soup on the counter. "I thought you might be hungry."

"I am hungry. Zhen Wen didn't come over today." Yu Hao slumped onto the couch, pouting.

"Yeah, about that." Zi Xuan muttered, pouring some of the soup from the styrofoam bowl into a glass one. "I said that we would look after his kids tonight."

"Why?" Yu Hao huffed, taking the chopsticks and bowl from Zi Xuan and glaring at him. "They have three kids. It's such a drag to look after them."

Zi Xuan shrugged. "It'll be fine."

Yu Hao rolled his eyes, eyes still narrowed at Zi Xuan. "You're such a Good Samaritan. It's so fucking annoying." Zi Xuan looked at him, slightly confused.

He tried to bite it back, but the insult came out before he could stop it. "You're pretty lucky I'm so kind. Who knows what I would've done to you."

Yu Hao sat up straighter. "What the hell do you mean?"

"Oh, of course you don't remember." Zi Xuan almost regretted the words, but they flowed out like a out-of-control river. "You snuck into my bed, cuddled up to me. I didn't do anything to you."

Yu Hao suddenly felt embarrassed by the confession. He shrunk back in his seat. "I... cuddled you?"

Zi Xuan laughed at his red face. "Yeah. I tried to make you sleep on my couch but you came into my room."

Yu Hao was flustered and red, cursing as he tired to hide from Zi Xuan and just eat the soup.

He was thankful Zi Xuan didn't take it any further. He knew other people would've.

He was lucky.

A/N:

Hey guys. I wasn't going to publish this chapter today but I've decided to go on a break for a week. School is really taking its toll on me (I've actually caught a cold from all the stress 😥). Since I'm an athlete, I really need to focus on my health, but don't worry, I will still be writing. I'll be publishing again next Friday, the 19th. Thank you all for being patient with me!

Please vote/comment!

Love you all!