Punky Squirt.

Lexi aimed carefully at the suspended plank of wood with her knife. She threw it and missed.

"God Damnit!" she said angrily. I couldn't help but laugh. She picked up yet another knife but this time she jumped up and down chanting the same tune: "I can't do it!".

She got so frustrated that without aiming, she just threw the knife at the target. And could you believe it? She finally hit it!

"You did it!" I shouted. She stopped her fit of rage and looked at the target.

"I hit it?" she said, surprised. She squealed. "I did it! I did it! I did it!".

I hugged her and then she continued jumping up and down.

"Well, I think that concludes today's lesson." I said smirking. She hugged me and I hugged back. We looked at each other, and then she happily skipped away like a four year old.

I entered the building and sat at the table. I haven't eaten in 9 days. Food was scarce. Animals like deers are probably all extinct and squirrels and rabbits are rare. I felt bad for telling Abby and Daryl that there might of been a deer. I heard you can go 30 days without food and 2 days without water. That's fine by me really.

"Hey Carl?"

"Yes Lexi?"

"I think I see that you and the others are hungry but have no food." she said.

"Sorta, but we don't mind."

"Here." she handed me about 19 cereal bars.

"Where the hell did you keep these?"

"I'm a master at hidding stuff."

"Have you got anything else at the house you were at."

"Yes, would you like to get them?"

"Yeah, that would be brilliant!"

So we returned to her house where in another room there were a couple of cereal bars, stacks of tin food cans, and then some other things.

She went in to another room and then returned with a bag. We stuffed the bag with food and then she led me to another room. It was locked.

"Damn, I hoped it was open." she said. I gave her a confused look. "It's my dad's room, he never left me in.".

I pushed her aside and started running at the door. After a couple of times of seriously injuring my shoulder, the door broke down.

"Holy crap." I said. Weapons. Everywhere. Motherload.

"I was wo.dering where he kept them all.". I stood there, speecheless. "Are you gonna help or not?". I helped pick up everything and we headed back to the prison. Everyone stood there in awe when we entered.

"Maybe I was a bit harsh on you Lexi." my dad said, coming over and helping us. Abby was in the corner of the prison, sharpening her arrows. I walked over to her after setting everything down.

"Hey punk."

"I'm sixteen, stop with the nicknames.".

"Ok squirt."

"Why?" I groaned.

"Because there was no deer."

"Oh, haha, yeah...". She stared at me.

"Hidin' something?"

"Good night. I'm of to bed!" I said, rushing to my bedroom. Hopefully I'll have a good nights sleep...