Chapter 2

Samantha's P.O.V

"Time for the most important meal of the day." The women nurse shouts into my room. I sit up and I look at Emily.

"I'm gonna kill her. I love sleep almost more than Luke." I stand up and walk to the cafeteria type area.

"It's visitor day." Summer nudges me smirking and I laugh.

"Luke can't come. He's on tour remember. He hasn't been at the last three ones and probably won't be at the next nine till I leave this place."

"Nine more months and you get to leave." Haley the nurse laughs and hands me my medicine. I nod and I take it. I grab a food tray and I eat my pancakes. I really wished they had grilled cheese. I really want some grilled cheese even if it's ten in the morning.

"So who is coming?"

"I don't think anyone." I answer while taking a sip of my apple juice.

"Oh out of all those people you don't think one will show up."

"I honestly don't know. They are really busy people, especially Luke and Shawn."

"I still can't get over they fact your ex boyfriend and now boyfriend and best friends." Emily laughs and I nod.

"I'm just hoping it stays that way. Like please, no fighting."

"Is your brother gonna show up?" Summer asks and shrug.

"Which one?"

"Well Royce hasn't seen you."

"Royce has college soccer which he is doing amazing at apparently and is on the other side of the continent."

"You have a hot group of people in your life." Lindsay smiles and I laugh.

"I only think one person is hot out of my group and that's Luke. Although if Ansel Elgort wanted to join, he could bump into me in the literal heart of Jesus any day." All the girl break out in laughter and we all just talk about who we want to visit. I honestly would be fine with anyone except a murderer or criminal. Okay maybe not anyone.

"What are you wearing?" Em asks and I shrug.

"Most likely my tie dye maroon shirt and black leggings."

"Missing Jack and Sam?" I nod and she nods understanding.

"You seem to have a schedule. If you miss your brothers from Nebraska it's the tie dye shirts, if you miss Royce it's soccer jersey, if you miss Luke it's a shirt of his, if you miss Shawn it's a hoodie, if you miss grilled cheese you whine like a baby."

"So I whine like a baby a lot?" I ask while changing into my outfit. I put my hair in a braid and I put my dirty clothing in the hamper.

"Visitor day is live in three, two, one. Visit!" Haley the coolest nurse in the world laughs and I smile. I walk out and I spot nobody.

"Hey, join me and my mom if you feel lonely." Em states and I nod. I keep my head down and I just think.

"Leave it to you to sit like a loser when there's a practically party going on. Shame on you."

"I haven't seen your face in practically ever. What are you doing here?"

"I had to visit you. This affected me more than you would think."

"I'm sorry. I just-I take that back I'm not sorry. I'm doing what's best for me now and I'm doing it well. I'm getting what I need and I'm not sorry for that."

"Glad to hear that. I'm proud of you."

"Now really did you come here just to bother me?"

"Honestly yeah. I was visiting your brothers and I decided to see you while I'm at it."