Morning

Ramona Leeway wasn't ever much of a people person, and even less of kid person, so your guess is as good as mine as to why she agreed to come teach at U.A. Like I wasn't stressed out enough already. Out of all the years she could have taken the position, all the years I've taught here, she picks the one I get every bone in my body crushed.

I look in the mirror, my hair is clean but still looks like crap let down. If I pull it up she can see my face though, the scar under my right eye can't be covered, I've tried. And I can't decide if shaving the patchy scruff on my face would help at all. Damn her. Maybe I'll call in sick.

Alright hair up, clean shaven.

I open the medicine cabinet and search for my razor and shave cream. How long has it been? At least five years I'm sure. Nezu's been asking her to teach for years, why now?

I can't find my razor. Shit. Okay scruff it is then.

It's time to leave. I walk out with my scarf wadded up in my hand, debating wearing it to class today. I'm not in my hero costume, I decided on one of the nicer black sweaters in my closet, and an overcoat. It's dressier than my normal daywear, but not anything over the top.

I walk into the teacher's lounge to find Present Mic and All Might chatting excitedly. And here I was hoping I'd have a few minutes to enjoy my coffee in peace. Neither of them are dressed up, just in the same get up as everyday.

I decide to put the scarf on.

"Aizawa," All Might says, finally noticing I've entered the room, "You look different."

"Did you wash your hair?" Mic asks.

I roll my eyes, pulling my scarf higher. I feel like an idiot now.

"What time are we taking the students to the USJ?" I ask.

"As soon as they're all accounted for." All Might grins. I can't decide which face I hate more; his normal sunken in one or his "Symbol of Peace" smile. I know what he's thinking.

Mic, clueless as ever, just keeps rambling. "Mona told Principal Nezu her flight landed around two this morning. She's probably already there."

As I'm pouring myself a mug of fresh coffee, barely listening to them chatter in the background, I can't help the eerie feeling I have knowing she's here. I'm reminded of the last time we were all in this building together.

Mic and I were in our fourth year at U.A. Ramona transferred from the United States as part of the exchange program. She'd been going to the number one Hero School in America, and was ranked top of her class. Back then, All Might was just Toshinori. She was staying with his family. Even then he was a shameless showboat.

"Wow!" All Might's voice jumps me back to reality, "That's her now?"

I turn, he and Mic are ogling over what I assume is a photo of Ramona now.

"Aizawa, check her out!" Mic says turning his phone to me.

I roll my eyes, stepping forward to indulge him- and satisfy my own curiosity- foolishly taking a drink from my mug as I do. My sudden inhale sends hot liquid down my windpipe, and me into a coughing fit. Five year is a long time.

Ramona had always operated under the moniker "The Mystic" and dressed in a hood with some sort of mask on the lower half of her face. In recent years it's seems as though she's taken on an "edgier" style.

 In recent years it's seems as though she's taken on an "edgier" style

(Not my artwork)

I sputter and hack, trying to clear my airway, thankfully forcing me to tear my eyes from the phone. Surely she's not going to come like that today, is she?

I feel a hand start patting my back, it's All Might, chuckling.

"Is that what they're doing in America now?" I ask.

"Yeah," Mic says, "They take a more urban approach."

"It's more relatable," All Might says.

I shake my head and turn for the door, "Relatable to who?" I mumble.

The bell rings, signaling that the students should be seated. I grit my teeth on the way there, dreading today's training exercise.

I should have shaved this morning.