Schoolboy crushes

Despite Nezu's offer for Ramona to take time off, both for her mental health and to complete construction on her classroom, she insists on being at school. She points out that if Mic and I are correct, and the League of Villains is planning something, she's safer on campus than she would be at her hotel or my apartment.

I hate when she's right.

Regardless, she's escorted to and from the USJ by guidance counselor Hound Dog, which gives me a little peace of mind. Although it doesn't last long.

Usually when I enter my classroom, my students are all out of their seats, chattering, possibly attempting to restrain Bakugo as he goes off on Midoriya. Today this isn't the case. When I walk in everyone is seated, quiet.

Something isn't right.

I walk to my desk, surveying the faces of my students. "Good morning." I say.

They answer in unison "Good morning, Mr. Aizawa."

That's creepy.

"Because of the last minute student holiday yesterday, there will be no morning assignment before we leave for your quirkless combat class." I announce, slightly thankful to receive the sighs of relief I was expecting.

My eyes find Bakugo, he's the only one who's acting normal. Leaning back in his chair with a bored expression, feet up on the desk. That is until he looks at me, and smiles.

I don't like that. I don't like that at all.

"It wasn't me." He says raising his hands defensively, probably having read the look on my face.

"Mr. Aizawa?" Minetta is practically standing on his desk with his arm raised in the air, "Mr. Aizawa?"

I sigh, "Yes?"

"Sir, I have a question about Miss Leeway's quirk. Can she change the size of objects?"

"Yes?"

"What about people?"

"Yes."

"What about just specific body parts?"

"Alright, that's enough!" I snap at him, causing him to sit back down and cower. I sigh and rub my tired eyes, "What gave it away?"

"We saw the two of you leaving campus." Tsu replies. "Speaking of which, why were you and the other teachers leaving? Was there an emergency?"

"Yes." I say, "There was. Everyone get up, we're heading to Miss Leeway's class."

That shuts them up pretty quickly, and with a quick stop at the locker rooms to change into their gym clothes they file into the building. As we walk Bakugo falls into step beside me, which means Kirishima does too.

Great.

"So." He says, "Is she okay?"

The question catches me a little off guard, I look down at him and ask what he means.

He shrugs and says "I saw Miss Leeway this morning, she looked down. Like she'd been crying. Something wrong?"

Empathy?

"A friend of ours is... sick." I say. "She's worried about him."

Bakugo seems satisfied by this answer, but Kirishima- true to form- checks in at that point and says "Oh man, Mr. Aizawa, I'm sorry! Are you doing okay?"

"Yes, Kirishima, I'm doing just fine." I say, "Thank you."

"They're building a classroom for her." Bakugo says, he looks up at me, blank face like he's trying not to show emotion. "That means she's staying, right?"

I nod, and for a second and a half he looks genuinely pleased before forcing the blank expression back into place and muttering "Cool."

With that he quickens pace to catch up with the rest of the class. He shoves his way to the front of the gathering now standing before Mona.

As I watch from afar I can see how she gradually returns to herself. She gives instructions, answers questions, and the more she teaches the better she seems to feel. It makes me feel better.

Bakugo reverses an armbar and takes down Kirishima, the move he was struggling with the other day. Kirishima- again, true to form- congratulates his friend on his improvement. Mona, who'd been behind Bakugo, places a hand on his shoulder from behind, causing his attention to snap to her.

She pulls her mask down and smiles, "Very nice, Katsuki."

There it is again. He's smiling at her. Watching the interaction I realize that I've seen that look before, I've seen it dozens of times; dopey smile, flushed face, focused gaze.

That little fucker has a crush on my girlfriend. Mic is going to love this.