Tears

"Tell me again." All Might says, his lanky form hunched with both hands on the windowsill in Nezu's office.

"It was in her apartment." I repeat. "No break in. Just left for her to find."

Mic is uncharacteristically quiet. He hasn't said a word since I mentioned Oboro. And Nezu just listens quietly.

All might just stares out the window at the students in the courtyard. Even though his god awful banana suit swallows his body I can still somehow make out the tension in his muscles. I see the reflection of his sallow face, his beady blue eyes in the glass. He's furious, or frightened, but trying to hold it together.

"They're targeting her." He says finally.

"They're going to try and do to her what they did to Obo." Mic mumbles tearfully through gritted teeth. "Shota, we can't let them."

I shake my head, "And we won't." I say reassuringly.

Nezu sighs. "You cannot keep the truth from her, either, I'm afraid."

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry gentlemen." He says, "Keeping this from her is not only dishonest, but dangerous. Miss Leeway must understand the danger she's in, in order to effectively keep her safe."

I shake my head, "No." I say, "She's not ready."

"None of us were ready!" Mic snaps at me. "You think I was ready when I watched my friend die? You think I was ready when I found out what the League of Villains did with his body?"

I'm taken aback. Mic can be loud, louder than that even, but always with a tone of playfulness. There's none of that in his voice or his face, tears spill out from beneath his glasses as he takes a shaking breath.

"I will not lose Mona the way we lost Obo."

I say nothing as Nezu calls Ramona's class line. I say nothing as we wait for her. I say nothing as she enters the room and Nezu tells her to sit down. I can say nothing, nothing to make her stop crying when they tell her where Oboro is, and why his body wasn't recovered.

Ramona looks like she's about to be sick, I pull the trash bin from beside Nezu's desk and thrust it into her hands just as she wretches. Mic jumps forward to pull her hair out of the way, I'm kneeling beside her chair, my arms around her waist and now all I can say is "I'm sorry."

I'm crying, "Mona I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, I never wanted you to know."

Mona hands off the can to Mic, and stands up. I scramble to my feet, she won't look me in the eye and I feel panic.

"Ramona-"

She buries her head in my scarf, gripping me tighter than ever, and I can hear her muffled sobbing. Over and over again I can hear between sobs she says his name.

And then she says "I need to see him."

"What?" I ask.

"Shota, I have to see him." She pulls away and I tighten my grip.

"No." I say, "Mona, it's not him. It's not Oboro anymore."

Mic comes forward, "Mona, he's right. Kurogiri is baiting you. They want to do the same thing to you, or worse."

"Where is he?" She asks.

"Tartarus." All Might answers. "I'll take you."

What? Is he insane?

"Toshinori-"

"Aizawa, she needs to do this."

"Are you fucking insane?" I release Mona, storming up to this pathetic shell of a hero, my hair and scarf rising as my anger does. "Do you know what that's going to do to her? You're playing right into their hands!"

"I'll be there the whole time," He says calmly, "Nothing will happen, Shota, I'll keep her safe."

"Oh, is that what this is? You wanna prove to her that you're still the big man here? You can't stand that she's with me now, so you think you can just macho your way back in?"

"What?" All Might looks almost scared, "No! I would never-"

"Guess what All Might, you're NOT the big man anymore! You had your chance, you blew it! And endangering the love of my life isn't going to change that!"

"Mr. Aizawa!" Nezu yells at me. "That is quite enough!"

It's quiet. We're staring at each other.

"Shota." Ramona says. I turn to face her, and the anger drains from me as she steps forward and lays a hand on my cheek, "I have to do this. You know that."

"It's too dangerous."

"Come with me. Keep me safe."

Mic steps forward as well, "We all should go."

"What about the students?" I ask.

"A student holiday won't hurt, given the situation." Nezu says. "I shall inform everyone that classes are canceled for the day, you needn't worry."

I look Ramona in the eyes, they're pleading with me, "Are you sure?" I ask.

"As sure as I am that I love you." She says.

I don't like this. I don't want this for her, but I know there's nothing I can do to convince her. I sigh and place a kiss on her forehead, "Okay."