Eight or Nine times

I take her twice again that night and another four times Sunday, bringing it to a total of eight times by the time Monday morning rears it's ugly head. I haven't had stamina like this since I was a teenager. Ramona goes back to her hotel room sometime earlier in the day to get ready for school, so we don't come in together.

Walking into the teacher's lounge doesn't feel nearly as mentally taxing as I normally find it, I can't help but wonder if this is how All Might felt waltzing around with his big "symbol of peace" bravado.

"Aizawa," Mic adresses me from the couch, "Hey man, I was trying to text yesterday, didn't you get my messages?"

I shake my head, "Apologies, I was busy."

"Did you get a chance to speak to Ramona?" All Might asks.

I pause over the rim of my coffee cup, contemplating how to answer. Ramona and I had discussed divulging our relationship to the others, but hadn't settled on an answer. She was pretty ambiguous about it, so ultimately it was my choice whether to keep it to myself or brag about it like a school boy.

"Something like that." Is what I decide to say.

It's then I take notice that Midnight is also here, because she pipes up "Talk to her about what?"

Mic tells her about the incident at the bar, and she looks at me with wide eyes "Eraser? Blackout drunk? That's hilarious!" She laughs, "Oh wow, and in front of the new girl, too."

I can feel some of my pride die a little and the anxious need to avoid the teacher's lounge return.

And then she walks in. And it all comes rushing back the second I can smell her perfume.

Today she's dressed in her hero costume, tight black denim pants and matching crop jacket with spike studded shoulders. Fingerless gloves. Chains and rings and a red bandana over the bottom half of her face, it matches the red top under the jacket. She pulls down her hood and bandana as she enters, smiling at Mic and All Might on the couch.

"Morning, fellas." She says.

"Good morning, Mona." They say in unison, beaming up at her as she passes and comes directly to me.

I hand her a mug and proceed to fill it, striking up casual conversation.

"Morning , Shota."

"Morning," I smirk, "You were gone when I woke up."

Out of my peripheral vision I can see the three others in the room perk up and pay attention. Mona simply smiles and sips her coffee.

"I would have stayed but we had to get ready, and to be honest I was a little worried you'd want to go another round."

Another twitch from the peanut gallery.

I grin and feel my fingers tingle as I grip the counter behind me. "Nine times a little too much?" I ask.

Ramona chuckles, her hand reaches out and clutches the end of my scarf, "No, but I figured once we started it'd keep going and we'd have both missed work."

"That's a fair point."

"Besides I don't want you getting tired of me too soon."

"Me tired of you?" I ask, "Never. My neighbors? Maybe."

She laughs, and I can make out the open jawed faces of Mic, All Might and Midnight over her shoulder.

"Well, what do you say we give them a break and you come over to the hotel? We can get dinner. Have dessert."

I suck air through my teeth, "Now you know I can't say no to dessert."

Mona smirks at me, leaning in until our noses almost touch again, and she whispers "Perfect."

She gives me a quick kiss before turning and walking back out the door, saying "Bye, fellas" to our cast of onlookers.

They each stammer out a "B-Bye, Mona." As we all watch her leave. God I love watching her leave.

No more than a second after she's gone do their gazes return to me. I take a long, slow sip of coffee, maintaining eye contact with each of them. Their faces convey different emotions: Midnight's visibly delighted, Mic hysterically confused, and All Might just plain dumbfounded. I'm with Midnight, delighted.

"Well," I say, "I should get to class."

I stride proudly to the door, feeling their eyes on me, and as my hand hits the knob and I step out I can hear Mic have a sudden epiphone.

"Nine... and dessert... and... UNCLE! UNCLE!"