Part 1

"Aub! Where are ya?" Yelled Mackenzie as she made her way up the stairs. I was sitting on the floor in front of my mirror working on my makeup and doing my breathing treatments.
"In my room!" I yelled over the sound of my nebulizer. Pluto moves from lying next to me to running and standing by the door to check out who was here. Mackenzie sat down next to me, petting Pluto and pulled out her makeup bag to started touching up her makeup next to me.
"Are you excited? The day is here! We are going to see; MEET Panic! At The Disco!" Mack was cheered throwing her arms around me. I smiled and laughed at her.
"Yeah! Your finally gonna be able to hit on Brendon in real life!" I laughed, she pulled an offended face.
"Oh, we both know, if there is anyone who likes him it is you, Aub!" She shot back with a raised eyebrow. I pulled a straight face and stuck out my tongue.
"Oh someone is blushing!" I threw my hands up to covered my face, and we both laughed hysterically.
"Huh, Pluto you ready for Mama to get a boyfriend? Do you want a dada?" She asked Pluto, he turned his head and bark as if he was say "yeah sure!". We laughed more.
"Mack, you're going to make my emo eyeliner run!" I laughed fanning my face. We just laughed harder.
"Okay okay okay... deep breaths," Mack giggled and I coughed with a smile on my face, Pluto looked over at me. Checking on my as always, I smiled down at him reassuring that I am okay.
"And I was told that people with autoimmune diseases must be miserable all the time!" I chuckled, Mackenzie laughed at that. It is good to have people around that make you laugh uncontrollably. We both finished our makeup and I unhooked my PICC  from my IV fluid pump. I flushed it with saline and then pushed and left heparin in it. After that, I twisted on a new swab cap, rapped my line extension around my arm, and pulled my PICC cover over it.
"How're the meds going?" Mackenzie asked I nodded and smiled.
"I guess I am feeling better, definitely better on this treatment than the last one. I am happy to be physically able to get out of bed again." I responded, medications have become my life, it is a struggle sometimes. Yet I have to be thankful for the good days because the bad days are inevitable for being ill.
"Good timing huh? Maybe it is just meant to be? Soon we'll be calling you Mrs.Urie..." she said with a sly smirk on her face. I lightly slapped her arm and laughed.
"I need a juice box... and to check my bag and make sure I have everything I need." I listed pulling myself up from the floor, Mack hopped up with me. I had to stop and lean on my bed for a minute. Mackenzie and Pluto both found themselves places at my side, I guess both are always checking on me.
"Feeling okay, Aub?" She asked looking at me. I nodded.
"Yeah, just dizzy. You know." I said. She nodded up in understanding.
"You should check your blood glucose before we leave, and maybe have more than just a juice box." She inquired, I agreed silently and smiled. Mackenzie and I have been best friends for our entire lives, our parents met before we were born. I thought we were close before but after the diagnosis, we have somehow gotten even closer. She has been to basically every appointment and slept next to me every night I've been in the hospital. She got me into Panic!, she loves them majorly. She plays them for any mood; when we are happy, when we get bad news or pumped for appointments. Anything and everything.
"Aub where is your bag at?" Mackenzie asked as I walked into the kitchen Pluto close behind me.
"Uh probably on the hook by the front door," I replied as I opened a new pack of juice boxes and starting to drink one. After taking some sips I opened my medicine cabinet, there are several but I only went into one, I grabbed my lancet, test strips, my meter, and an alcohol wipe. I place those items on the kitchen table and washed my hands. Then I sat down at the table and started to check my blood sugar, Pluto sat down next to me. First I wiped off my finger with an alcohol wipe, then pricked my finger using my lancet, next took the second drop of blood after wiping off the first drop and put it on the test strip then put it in my meter. The meter read, 70. After I took out the needle and changed it out because the needle thing had run out of uses and needed to be changed.
"I'll never understand how you can just prick your finger without being fazed by it," Mackenzie said sitting across from me at the table and placing my bag on the table. I looked up from my meter and shrugged.
"Gotta do what you gotta do," I said with a smile. I continued to drink my juice box. 70 was on the line of being too low and normal. My plan became to a juice box, have a sugary snack and check again later.
"What is your level?" Mack asked as I took out the test strip and got up to throw it away.
"70 at the moment but I'll have a juice plus a starburst or two and I'll be fine," I said pointing to my apple juice.
"Aub I think you drink more juice every day than their target democratic does. You might single-handedly pay the CEO's salary." Mackenzie joked, we both laughed hard at that. We sat together in comfortable silence after that for a little. I pulled my bag in front of me and zipped it open. I pulled out my pill case, and checked that I had all the pills I may need. I as well made sure I had stuff for my PICC line, just emergency stuff like an extra cover, swab caps, a new dressing, and a glucagon kit. I as well have stuff like sick bags, more stuff for hypoglycemia, and breathing medications such as my inhalers and pulse oximeter. I made sure I had anything for any emergency.
"I don't know how you fit all that stuff into that bag. Or remember what to do with all of it." Mack said standing next to me, I laughed.
"Well, it becomes pretty simple when you remember I would probably die without most of this stuff. So I don't have much of a choice per se." I laughed. All I can really do is laugh, what else can I do instead of finding humor?
"Yeah, you are one strong person. Since day one, no if and or buts. You are a fighter." Mackenzie said giving me a hug. I smiled and chuckled.
"Well, Mack you have been there since day one as well. Every hospital stay, and random doctors appointments." I replied. She gave me a squeeze and I put my head on her shoulder.
"-and I guess this little bugger had been around for a long time too, huh boy? You are such a good boy, Pluto." I chuckled as he nudged my leg with his nose. I swear he is a person trapped in a dog's body. We stayed together, all three of us, for a couple of minutes until Mackenzie's phone went off with a ten-minute reminder to get going.
"Holy shit, 10 minuets till we leave..."