Part 6

I pulled out my stuff to check my blood sugar and sat down at the kitchen table, Brendon sat down across from me.
"Your gorgeous." He breathed, I looked up at his from the table.
"Oh um thank you." I blushed, giggle and fumbling.
"Your cute when you blush like that. It's...wow." He smirked knowing it would turn me as red as a tomato. I covered my face with my hands, and put my head down.
"Now teacher, teach me." He laughed, sitting back into his chair.
"O-okay," I looked up at him and laughed.
"Okay so our good friend alcohol wipe, then this is a lancet. It is a needle that I use to prick my finger. This is a meter and that's a test strip. So I prick my finger like this, then wipe off the first drop because, I don't know the nurse does it so it must be right? Then get the drop on the strip and put it the meter." I dictated what I was doing as I was doing it.
"And the magic number is, 86. That's a win. Normally it just sits on the line of too low but this is good. The feed has sugar in it so most of the time my sugar doesn't go too low in the morning." I felt myself rambling, but his face looked to interested in my life.
"Are you from around Vegas?" He asked, I nodded.
"Yeah, I grew up here actually about 10 minutes away from here. If I'm correct you did too?"
"Yeah been here most of my life but I live in LA for the most part. But I do love coming back here." He chuckled.
"I love your house, how long have you had it? What's upstairs?" He asked, It is beautiful that he doesn't care about my health, I've spent years getting hundreds of questions about my health. But I just want to talk about life and being a young adult.
"I moved into here at 19, Mackenzie and I rented this house. Then at 20 I got sick. So when everything was more figured out my parents decided to buy this house for me. They wanted me to have a place because everyone wasn't sure how long I had left to live. Upstairs is my old bedroom, my parents and Mack moved me down here because I can't really get up or down the stairs. So Mack used to live up there, and she sleeps up there sometimes. But it would be hard for me to get down stairs especially when I have the IV pole in the morning or if something was to happen I couldn't get down here. I'm eventually hopeful gonna get a stair lift thing but I don't really have the money for that so I make do. Sorry I'm rambling." Pluto wondered in and out his head on my leg, I realized that it was time for his breakfast.
"Hungry baby?" I asked, Pluto gave me a look of "yes feed me" I chuckled at him. I got up and filled his food bowl and water, he was following me around the whole time after I put his water down I grabbed his food bowl of the counter has directed him to sit before I gave him food.
"Sorry about that diva over there knows his schedule and wants what he wants." I chuckled.
"He's beautiful, what kinda dog is he? What's his name?" Brendon question watching as Pluto doin his funny little eating dance.
"Pluto, he is a German shepherd labradoodle mix. He is my service dog, my baby, and my roommate." I smiled at Pluto, he's my cutie.
"He's adorable, how long have you had him? I have two dogs in LA."
"I got him a year after I got sick so just about a year and a half ago. I think." Wow I've been sick for almost three years, three years.
"What kind of dogs do you have?" I asked, he smiled a beautiful smile. God he's a perfect looking man.
"Penny lane is a black and white Boston Terrier and Bogart is a brown and white Jack Russell Terrier. They are like two people." He chuckled. After fell comfortable silence but was broken by my phone ringing, I looked down to see Mackenzie face on my screen.
"Oh it's Mackenzie." I laughed, answered, and put it on speaker.
"Brendon Urie is coming over to hang out with you?!" She yelled into the phone, both of us laughed. I blushed at his smirk.
"H-hey you're on speaker..." I sputtered, she gasped.
"Shit, um hi Brendon!" You could hear the embarrassment in her voice.
"You all good? Meds, sugars, and treatments?" She asked trying to move on the topic.
"Meds done, sugar checked, fully unhooked for the pole, all I have to do is breathing treatment but I can do it later." I smiled.
"Oh crap I'm getting paged on the overhead. I'll call you later. I get off at midnight but maybe I'll swing over and help you get ready for bed." She spoke, I could hear her getting up.
"You don't have to Mack, I can get ready on my own." I reassure, Mack always wanted to make sure I'm okay.
"I can help too." Brendon mumbled uncomfortably. I smiled wide at him, Mack chuckled.
"Well I guess we will see who is there when you go to bed. I gotta go, bye love you." Mackenzie called quickly.
"Bye love you more." I smiled as she ended the call.
"She's a nurse right, is that how you two met?" Brendon asked, I smirked.
"No no, it's kinda the other way around I guess. She's been my best friend since before we were born. Our parents became friends at birthing class or something," I paused as we laughed.
"Yeah. When I got sick she hadn't picked a major yet and then she decided she wanted to help other sick people. Plus when I'm sick in the hospital she can work and keep check on me but I think that was just a perk of it all." I chucked as I spoke, something I do a lot as I talk about being sick. I just tend to laugh.
"How much are you in the hospital?" He asked, I sighed thinking.
"Um well last year I was in the hospital more than I was home." I confessed, truly I spend 207 days in the hospital and 158 days at home.
"Wow, why?" His face read shock, I laughed.
"My lungs, and pancreas started to give out on me. My stomach had already started to go, so I had a tube in my nose for a little because I couldn't keep food down then I couldn't keep the tube down. So I got the button in my stomach which has saved my life." I sat back with a fit of coughing, moving forward trying to clear my lungs. Pluto hopped up and sat in front of me. Brendon hopped up and kneeled next to me, and patting my back.
"Hey hey you're okay." He comforted me. I pointed at the garage can and Brendon ran to pull it towards me. I ended up throwing up my banana but thankfully kept down my feed and spitting up some mucus. Brendon went to get paper towels, and some water.
"Pluto get my bag." I choked out pointing, Pluto took off running to the spot my bag lied. He carried it in his mouth over to me, he dropped it by my feet and I quickly found my inhaler. I took two pumps of it and sat back trying to calm my fast, short breaths. Brendon helped me rinse my mouth out and clean my face.
"I'm sorry. Never a dull moment." I chuckled. He looked at me and pushed my hair out of my face.