9 THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

I was climbing out of the pool when I hear "Lill' Lady we need to talk, and I know that you have a study date with Flynn."  I spin and glare at Lewis "It is not a study date it a study session you need to stop.  I did not choose to be paired with Noah ok since June gave a huge donation to the school our files are linked as if we are family.  So, when the professor pulled our files and saw we were listed as family and lived across from each other in the same dorm and that we both filed for a change of address to take effect by the end of the week he paired us."  "Ok so sue me I am not happy with my girlfriend spending so much time with her ex.  Not to mention you are trying to start a friendship with him again."  "Lewis I told you when we started talking Noah has always been in my life and that the worse part of our break-up was what it was doing to our family.  So, yes I am going to try and fix our relationship.  Even though Brad is mad at Noah for hurting me, he still misses him and Lee.  Brad is afraid that when I return with my Flynn boys, they will not want to talk to him.  He looks up to them, and he loves them like his older brothers.  As for me, Noah always has, and I mean always been there for me."  "Yeah, like he was when he broke your heart."  "Your right he wasn't there for that, but I have been watching him, and even though I might not have picked up on his feeling for me in the past, I do know one thing."  "What is that one thing?"  "I know when he is hiding something and that is what he is doing now.  The last time I spoke to June she sounded broken.  What Noah did hurt our family and June and Mathew are beside themselves.  The love they have for Noah their flesh and blood and the love they have for me as their adoptive daughter is killing them.  Plus with June she is so afraid of losing me like she lost my mom it is driving her crazy.  I have to fix our family."  "Fine but I don't like it."  "Look I need a shower.  I can't let the chlorine sit in my hair too long it dries it out and depending on how much is in the pool it can turn my hair green."  "Fine don't talk to me."  "You know what Lewis grow up and then talk to me."  I spin on my heal and head right into the showers.

Unfortunately, with all the rooms booked we ended up in Noah's dorm room to study.  I was sitting there laughing while I was watching him trying to figure out why Anne would allow Josie Pye to get the better of her and walk the ridgepole of a roof.  I shook my head "you are such a jock."  "Not funny Shelly."  "For the same reason dork, you wouldn't let anyone date me in High School."  "What she is in love with him?"  "Duh, Anne has always been in love with Gilbert, but she was just too proud to admit it to herself because she had already decided the kind of guy she wanted to marry, and Gilbert was not that guy."  "Ahh, this sucks."  I was laughing so hard I was rolling.  "This isn't funny Shelly."  "Your right it isn't funny it is  hilarious."  "Oh, you are so dead Shelly."  "Noah, don't you  dare."  Next thing I know Noah is straddling me and tickling me."  "Take it back Shelly..."  "No."  "I mean it Shelly take it back."  "Nope."  Next thing I know he is taking off my shoes.  "No, Noah don't you dare not the feet."  "Yep, take it back."  "Fine, it wasn't funny."  "Nope take it all back."  "ok, it wasn't hilarious."  "Good, now where were we."  You were working on the question about why Anne would walk the ridgepole of a roof.  "OK, I need to read some more before I can continue."  I started laughing "You thought I was going just to give you the answers."  "Yes"  "Nope you have to read it, and I will help you since I have read the entire series at least five times."  "ahh, you suck Shelly."  "So, they tell me."  He whipped his head around, and the look in his eyes made me cringe.  "What Noah?"  "Nothing. Nothing at all."  I started thinking about what I said, and it hit me.  "Uhm Noah it is just a saying."  "Yeah, right."  "OK never mind I am out of here."  I grabbed my shoes and put them back on and headed for the door when he jumped up and grabbed me pulling me up against him.  I couldn't help it with my back pressed against his chest I felt tingling on the back of my neck and electricity shoot everywhere he touched me and my eyes suddenly closed.  "Wait, Shelly please I am sorry."  I could hear the hitch in his voice.  I glance around the room trying to not think about being in his arms again.  "Noah you know you could make this room a little more like home by decorating you have nothing on your walls it is so bland in here, it's nothing like your room back home."  "I am already packing for the move we can move in by the end of the week."  "Ah, makes sense guess I should start as well."