Fix your heart pt.1

Trigger warning

" Why am I never good enough for anyone, why can't someone just love me for me!" I screamed throwing a picture frame of Reggie and I into the wall.

I stared at the shattered shards on the ground reminding me of my heart. It couldn't be fixed neither could I so why not just end it now before anything else, because I couldn't handle anymore hurt.

I reached down and grabbed a shard of glass pressing it to my throat

" What the hell is going on in-" His voice cracked as it came to a sudden halt.

I looked into the reflection of the mirror on the side of me, seeing someone who meant the world to me, my best friend, my rock, staring with a shocked face.

Without a word he sprinted over to me, taking the glass out of my hand and throwing it somewhere else in my room.

Sweetpea engulfed me into a hug, holding me tight as I stood silent trying to comprehend what was happening.

Feeling the drops of warm tears on top of my head brought me back to reality and I gripped his shirt, as I let out more sobs into his chest.

"Why did you try to hurt yourself? Please just talk to me Y/N, I'll do everything in my power to fix it I can't lose you." The voice of Sweetpea crying felt like my heart breaking all over again.

How could I tell my best friend I wanted to take my life because I thought I had no one, when he was all I could ever ask for.

-

It felt like forever as Sweetpea and I laid on my bed side by side, the only noise was the pitter patter of rain hitting the ground violently.

" I'm going to kill him." Sweetpea growled while staring up at the ceiling.

" Don't, if you're in jail I won't be able to see you everyday. " I tried cracking a joke.

" Who said I'd get caught? We could go on the run together." Sweetpea smirked turning to look over at me, I was already making eye contact.

" As much fun as that sounds, Reggie is not worth our time Pea. Like young adult we need to move on with our lives. "

" Well he's an idiot, who will regret his decision for the rest of his life. " Sweetpea intertwined our fingers, his hand were warm and rough the opposite of my cold and soft one.

" I love you, thank you for saving me from myself. Without you I don't think that I'd still be here breathing and healing."  I smiled at me, giving his hand a light squeeze. I closed my eyes as I started to drift to sleep.

" Thats my job, I save you. You keep me grounded. I run away from my problems, you drag me back and face them with me. That's what bestfriends do........ I wish you could tell me how to face this fear. " he sighed.

" What fear?" I mumbled half asleep, sinking deeper into the sweet bliss of sleep.

" The fear of being rejected by you for my feelings, ones I shouldn't have for you because you don't see me as the guy that can save you from more than loneliness and yourself. I could be the guy that fixes your heart and never breaks it....... Oh you're asleep. Good because I kinda got carried away." Sweetpea rambled as he pulled the covers over me.