Part 19

"How was the weekend at Harry's?" Niall asked when he sat down at the table on Monday. "What did you do?"

Zayn raised an eyebrow and shuffled around in his chair. "Homework."

"All weekend? You're lying."

"Who says I'm lying?"

"I say."

Zayn sighed. "Why do we always end up discussing my relationship at lunch? Let's talk about you and Liam? Didn't you go to his house too?"

Niall's whole face expression changed and he could not stop smiling. "Yes."

"How was it?"

"It was fun. I learned alot about him. He has goals. Something I never associated with him. Also there was something else I noticed too. He doesn't play on any team for the school, yet he's still fit as fuck. Like, what the hell did he do? Marry the gym?"

Zayn laughed out loud and nudged Niall suggestively. "Hmm, it looks like you're looking at him for more than just his goals to me."

"You weren't there. You'd be saying this too if you saw what he was wearing."

"Not really. I already have Harry. But you definitely like him and you know he likes you. So when are you two going to get it over with and kiss?"

He looked guilty. "Uhm..."

Zayn's jaw dropped. "You kissed him already, didn't you?!"

"It was quick. Well the first one was anyway. The second one was a tad longer but it was interrupted anyway."

"Interrupted? Why?"

"Louis came over and he wasn't too happy."

Zayn gasped but barely enough for Niall to hear. "What happened? Do you know?"

"Nope. All I heard was Louis telling him they needed to talk. So Liam cancelled the rest of the day, walked me home and that was that."

"But... Louis didn't seem too angry at him did he?"

"Zayn, I don't know. And honestly I don't care. That's their business. But apparently he still eats with Louis at lunch. And I heard it's very awkward because they don't really say much to each other. Maybe that's why he wanted to talk. I'm not sure but I don't want to be involved in it."

Zayn could see that Niall was little frustrated with it. He was showing signs that he really liked Liam and obviously did not like the fact that the one time he finally gave Liam a chance, something like that happened.

"Liam still likes you, Niall. Don't worry. Nothing has changed. Maybe it's a good thing. Maybe he and Louis finally straightened things out between them."

Niall chewed his bottom lip and sat back in his chair. "Yeah... I sure hope so. Especially if they're as great of friends as you said they were."

→→→→→

Three days later, Zayn and Harry were walking down the sidewalk and heading to the river. Whenever Zayn came over, Harry had been adamant about getting away for alone time. So after Anne came home to watch Gemma, they decided the river would be a good place to go. After all, it was one of their favorite places and the lack of people often made it a perfect spot to get away.

Zayn was carrying Harry's backpack for the first time ever and even though he thought it would be heavy, it wasn't. He still was not allowed to look in it though. But at least this was still progress. They were finally moving ahead.

Even though they had chosen to go out for quite a while, Harry and Zayn both had their jackets on because it was still a bit cold out. Zayn's patience was wearing thin with the weather but on the bright side, Winter was slowly departing and Spring was on its way in a week from now. Then soon there would be Spring break and much needed time off from school.