Part 30

"Zayn, stop touching me and get a rolling pin." Harry said as he tied his hair up in a little ponytail.

Zayn had wrapped his arms around Harry's waist and was singing into his collarbone. "But I don't want to."

"Too bad. We have to paint this room. Let go or I'm putting paint in your hair."

"I don't care." He shrugged.

"You're lying. Remember that time we had that paint fight and I put it in your hair? You were almost ready to cry."

Zayn found that funny. "That's the past though. I don't care anymore.

Harry tried to remove Zayn's hands from him but they were wrapped tightly. "Zayn, please. We have to start. It's already after two o'clock. You're the one who said you wanted to be out of the guestroom in two days. It's already the second day.."

"I know that."

"Then come on. I don't want to be doing this another day if we don't have to."

"Fine." Zayn let go and reached down, grabbed two masks from a package and handed one to Harry to put on. "You know what you should do?"

"What?"

"Spend tonight with me so we can continue this later."

He put the mask up to his mouth and pulled the elastic over his head. So did Zayn.

"And why would I do that?"

"Because you love me."

"Yeah, right."

"You do." He rolled his rolling pin in the paint tray, coated the roller in paint, then put it against the wall.

"What if I do say yes? What's in it for me?"

"You get to cuddle with me."

"Hmmm... That's a little tempting. I do enjoy your cuddles."

"I know. You can't live without them."

Harry scoffed and walked over to him. "You're doing this so wrong."

"I am?"

"Yeah you are. And I already showed you how to do this yesterday." He stood beside him and put his hand on Zayn's wrist, guiding the roller. "See. Up and down like this."

"What if I want to do it my way though?"

"No. Because your way presents more opportunities for paint splashes, runs and drips and that's not what we want. We want it to look nice. Plus doing it like this makes sure that it's evenly coated. My way is best."

Zayn looked at Harry while he continued to move his wrist. "Is this the part where I make you so frustrated, we get in an argument, but we both find each other so hot that I end up fucking you against the wall?"

"No it is not." Harry told him firmly and he let go of Zayn's wrist. "This is the part where we start painting so we can finish for good."

"Hmm. Okay. But I still want you to say yes."

"Yes for what?"

"For staying the night."

He thought for moment. "If I say yes, will it make you work faster?"

"Absolutely."

He threw his hands up and grabbed his own roller. "Alright, then yes. Now get painting."

Zayn grinned widely as he continued painting the way Harry showed him. Harry could be nonchalant about it all he wanted. But Zayn already knew he wanted to stay with him. He could never hide it even if he really wanted to.