Chapter 12

As they both staring at her, they are shocked to see Summer is alive. Ruby goes to her and embraced her with tears of joy.

Ruby:" Mom! I miss you!"

Summer felt happy to see her daughter is grow up. She smiled & hugged her back.

Summer:" I miss you too, Ruby."

They keep embracing to never let go again. Qrow was standing there, shocking to see his wife is alive. He look at Jaune and said.

Qrow:" Kid, How did she end up here?"

Jaune:" Like I said, my men were patrolled the area to eliminate the grimms when they found her lying on the ground. She seems to be a lot of injures and she's unconscious so we take her here for a recovery."

Qrow:" I see. Thank you, kid."

Jaune:" No problem."

He look at them, seeing them happily to have a reunion. Then, Jaune said to him.

Jaune:" I'll just wait outside. It's your family after all, Mr. Rose."

Then, he was surprised that he knows about him.

Qrow:" Ho-"

He didn't finish his words as he went outside & close the door. He look at her and said.

Qrow:" Summer, is it really you?"

Summer:" Yes, dear. It's me. Your tea-"

She was caught off by his embracing. She look at his husband crying of not a tears of sadness, a tears of happiness.

Qrow:" Oh, Summer I thought you die."

Summer:" I know. I thought I was going to die on that mission but I manage to survive."

Ruby:" Mom, how did you survive and why aren't you come back."

She said to her as her tears continue draining down her cheeks. She take a deep breath and said.

Summer:" On that mission, I tried to fight back against those Grimms but it manages to attack me from behind. I was injured that day. Then, I used my whole powers to destroy them with my silver eyes. After that, I was so scared that my powers are too dangerous for you and your father so I left for my own good. When I heard someone is attacking the Fall Maiden I have to run far away here and then, I passed out for my little bit blood loss by those Grimms that attacked me."

Ruby:" Wait. You mean Taiyong?"

She shake her head as a no.

Summer:" No. Your father, Qrow."

Her eyes wide open & look at his uncle which he is her real father for a whole time.

Ruby:" Why didn't you tell me that you're my real father this whole time. Why now."

He silence for a bit and said to her.

Qrow:" When I heard about Summer death, I couldn't bear myself to live for. I don't want you to see me as a broken father who lost everything he loves. So I ask Taiyong to be your father and I'll be your uncle so I can drink all of it for my depression."

He said with his sadness on his face. Then, Ruby hug him which he was surprised.

Qrow:" R-Ruby?"

Ruby:" Dad..."

He was shocked to heard her calling him dad. Then, she said.

Ruby:" We all have lost everything we love. You, me, Yang & Taiyong. We just lost everything so much. But now, she's here and we can be happy again."