Heated Argument

•Y/N: Your Name
•F/N: Father's Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
Your POV:
_________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:_________________________________

_________________________________

"Good morning, Colin," I say cheerily to my next door neighbor with a smile on my face, excited to talk with him again. I don't wait long for an answer.

"Hello, Y/N. It's a lovely morning, isn't it?" I'd say. The weather today is beautiful. There's a clear, sunny sky and it's not too hot thanks to the gentle breeze that rustles the grass.

"Sure is, and I feel really good today too."

"Good to hear. The flowers absolutely love this clear weather after all the rain that has passed. Now, they can bask in the sun for a bit." For a moment, I gazed up at the sky, but did not let my gaze linger on the sun, while gripping the canvas in my hands a little harder out of anxiousness. My painting was finally finished, and I couldn't wait to give it to Colin, but I'm also a bit nervous. Father has been the only one to see my art, so I hoped it would be good enough. I'm sure he'll like it no matter what, though.

"I've made something for you."

"Something... for me?" He sounds surprised, which made it hard to suppress a giggle.

"It's to thank you for the herbs you picked for me. They're the reason I've been feeling great lately."

"Oh, Y/N, you didn't have to. I was more than happy to give you them."

"I know, but I wanted to. I'm just not sure how I can get it to you." I look over the wall, wondering how on Earth I'll be able to send it over. I could throw it, maybe, but I don't think I have the strength to send it that far, and besides, it might crush his flowers. I wouldn't want that. I hear Colin hum in thought.

"Well, can you tell me what it is?"

"It's a canvas." He's silent as he thinks up a solution until a few minutes pass, and it comes to him.

"Stand as close to the wall as you can and lift the canvas as high possible." I nod instinctively before realizing he would not see me and walk up to the barrier between us. Looking up, I raise the painting above my head, holding it by the bottom to gain more height.

"I can see it! Let me grab my step stool. I should be able to reach it. If only this wall wasn't so tall, yeah?" He chuckles softly, the sound getting farther and farther as I continue to hold the canvas up. Thankfully, it's pretty light or else I would not be able to keep this up for much longer. Soon enough, a hand stretches over the wall, and I felt my heart skip a beat as it grabs the top of the painting with a delicate touch. "Got it!"