Better than Eden

•Y/N: Your Name

————————————————
Author's POV:
_______________________________

————————————————Author's POV:_______________________________

_______________________________

"Close your eyes." Giggles fled from Y/N's lips as she does what he says, but not without asking questions.

"For what? Where are we going?" She felt tempted to peek as he lead her further into the house.

"You'll see." Colin himself felt giddy, as this would be the first time he showed this to anyone. He hopes she'll love it as much as he does. "Ready?" Excitedly, the woman nods, but did not open her eyes yet. She would wait for him to say when. The sound of a door opening reached her ears before a light breeze swooped past the threshold and danced around their bodies.

Her neighbor guides her a few steps further, and through her socks, she recognized the sensation of grass beneath her feet. The door clicks shut behind her, and she could hear her heart pounding faster in anticipation. "All right. Now." Steadily, her lids parted before squinting as a hand raises up to block the powerful rays sent down by the sun. Once the spots fled her vision, she stood, frozen in awe, with a slacked jaw at the sight before it. It was like something out of those fairytale picture books she had read as a kid about enchanted forests full of beautiful foliage and a wide variety of vibrantly colored flowers.

She was speechless as she took a step farther in and looks down when her foot touches a mosaic stepping stone. More lie in front of it, forming a path all the way to a beautiful, white gazebo decorated with pretty, string lights shaped into lanterns with green vines wrapped around each of the four pillars. A white, wooden bench with pale green cushions resides under the roof, along with a glass table that holds a potted plant as a centerpiece. Every vine, every bush, every flower was perfectly placed to allow the viewer to admire each one, and no plant stole the spotlight of another, rather they were mixed together harmoniously to present a beautiful bouquet. Even the old wisteria vines climbing the brick walls were healthily thick and budding.

Beautiful was no where near the right word to describe what she has seen. Even the magnificence of Eden was no match for this place. It was enough to bring tears to her eyes. Never before had she seen such color. It was inspiring to see as an artist. It made her want to pull out her paints and replicate this splendid scenery, but even if she did, she could never hope to match its beauty.

"Well, what do you think?" Colin asks, a little nervous to hear her feedback, but was a bit more confident than before. By her reaction, he assumed she adored what he had presented her with, and her answer relieved him greatly.

"This is probably the most beautiful thing I've seen in my entire life. It's incredible," she tells him, causing his face to flush as he gives a shy grin and rubs the back of his neck.