Why Do We Hurt The Ones We Love?

•Y/N: Your Name
•F/N: Father's Name

—————————————————
Author's POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Author's POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

"Surprise! I'm home early!" Silence greets Y/N's father as he entered the home, causing the man to breathe out a deep sigh of disappointment as he shut the front door. Seems she was still upset with him, at least that's what he assumed when his daughter did not respond. She would've most definitely heard him from her bedroom. Perhaps he did react a bit too harshly to finding her outside, but he needed her to understand the importance of staying inside, where it's safe. He had her health in mind; he always did. He knows it's difficult for her, but he'd rather she be well than dead. He wasn't going to risk losing her like he did his wife. His heart would be unable to take it. It was time to go talk to her, and so, F/N removed his shoes before going upstairs and knocking on her bedroom door for her attention.

"Y/N, please. I understand you're still upset, but this is all for your own good. Come downstairs. I'll make you croissants, your favorite." Nothing but silence. F/N was about to give up and leave her be only to freeze the moment he turned his back, listening. Why didn't he hear anything? No footsteps; no movement; nothing. He turns back around to face the door. "Y/N?" She did not answer him for a third time. He feared the worst, that she had collapsed while he was away.

Panicked, he hurriedly opens the door, and to his horror, the room was empty, the window wide open. "She wouldn't." He shook his head in disbelief, eyes full of tears as he raced to the window. He looked back and forth but couldn't see a thing. He refused to believe she would just run away, so he checked the house, panicking more with every empty room he encountered.

'Where could she have—' His thought stopped abruptly as he ran his fingers over his head, then the rage seeped in. Face burning in anger, he stormed out of the house and marched next door to the neighbor's house, the very neighbor who was talking to his daughter from over the wall. He slammed his fist against the door and shouted, demanding an answer. If people were staring, he didn't care. The nerve this man had, luring his daughter away to do who knows what with her.

"Open this door!" Colin shot up, spilling tea all over the ground when he heard the man shouting from their spot in the garden. Y/N's face paled considerably as he stood up and excused himself before going inside, rushing to the door before the man could break it down with his hard knocks. When at last the door was pulled open, he flinched back as the livid father advanced forward and prodded at the male's chest, sending him stumbling back into his home.

"Where is my daughter?!"

"Y- Your daughter?"

"Don't play dumb with me, you fucking creep! I know you lured her here! What are you doing to her, huh? You sick freak!" He stumbled backwards more when the intruder shoved him by the chest roughly, nearly losing his footing.