⚡️8⚡️- The chocolate stalker

The following days, Esmeralda had a tingly feeling that someone was watching her everyday move, even when she was in the Girls' lavatory. No matter how much she searched for a stalking person following her, she could not find a trace of any human being anywhere near her that could be guilty.

The only thing she found suspicious was the fact that she found chocolate bars and frogs all over the castle, but when Benjamin had tried 'hunting' for chocolate frogs, he hadn't found anything, which made Esmeralda think that the person, or thing, that laid out chocolate on the floor, took it back after she didn't pick it up.

"Last day of sun, Benji, enjoy it, don't sit under that bloody tree all the time, it's as if you were in love with it or something," Esmeralda said.

The sun seemed to be as lazy as ever and just continued shining on its surroundings, making a great big shadow under a crooked, old tree that danced in the dim wind where Benjamin sat.

"Just don't forget to invite me to your wedding!" Esmeralda teased.

Benjamin's eyes narrowed to slits as he gave her a great death glare, that he hoped would knock her out, which to his disappointment, never happened.

"Trying to kill me with your eyes?" Esmeralda laughed.

Benjamin pursed his lips. "Nah, just knocking you out so you could roll downhill, hopefully ending up with you crashing into a tree or something."

"Aw, love you too, Benji." Esmeralda teased.

Benjamin rolled his eyes and started writing something down in a lime green notebook, bearing in bubblegum pink writing, and his name: Benjamin Deely.

"What are you writing, Benji?" Esmeralda asked.

Benjamin looked up but continued writing. "Not writing, drawing."

Esmeralda smirked, hoisted herself up from the ground, and snatched the lime green notebook from Benjamin. "Let me see."

Benjamin stood up and tried to snatch the notebook back, but Esmeralda was quicker and flicked through the many pages of better drawings than she would ever make until she reached the end. "What was so dangerous about that, Benji? The drawings are breathtaking!"

Benjamin looked down and mumbled a 'thank you' before taking it back, putting it back in his rucksack.

Behind her, she could hear a faint rattling in the few leaves that had fallen down from the trees. She quickly turned around to find, nothing. She furrowed her eyebrows and walked over to the tree that was a couple of metres away, the source of the rattling in the leaves.

"Where are you going?" Benjamin asked, jogging behind her.

Esmeralda turned around, walking backwards so she could face Benjamin, a skill she had trained for a while and now felt secure about performing. "I heard a faint rattling and for the last couple of days, I've felt like someone's been watching me all the time, you saw it yourself, the chocolates."

"You don't suppose the chocolates were used as bait?"

Esmeralda nodded. "That's exactly what I thought; I wonder why anyone would waste that much chocolate though."

Esmeralda turned around and walked forward again. The two had reached the tree and Esmeralda now found herself following a path of chocolates with Benjamin. Either the person that followed her had dropped them on purpose or they had slipped out of its pockets.

Benjamin followed the trail of chocolates, picking them up and putting them in his pockets for later with Esmeralda behind, just in case something happened, he would take the risk, plus he wanted to get the chocolate first.