Into The City

The next day started bright and early for Y/N, already dressed and ready to leave with Jeff at 7. He said he wanted to leave early because he had plenty of things planed for the girl and wanted to do everything before dinner.

Y/N walked downstairs while looking around for Jeff, only a few pastas were awake and lounging around.

Walking down the stairs with a slight skip in her step she peeks around the corner to see non other than her 'Dad' packing a few things into a small backpack for her.

"Jeffy? What are you packing?" Y/N asks with a hum, her eyes scanning over the various things scattered on the table.

"Just  some stuff for the trip." Is all Jeff responded with, stuffing a few waters into the bag.

When Jeff looked to his 'daughter' she noticed that the slits on his mouth weren't there anymore and looked more like scars.

"Jeffy your face." She pointed out, raising her finger to point at the difference.

"Oh, Jane put makeup on me so nobody freaks out." He scoffs under his breath, sending Y/N a soft look. 

"We are leaving soon, give me a few minutes." Is all he said before turning  his attention back to the packs.

"Okay!" She giggled and ran off to see who was awake, wanting to say goodbye to everyone before they left.

Y/N ran into the living room where she saw Toby chatting with Ej while lounging on the couch.

"EJ d-don't you think- O-Oh hey Y/N." He grinned under his mask at the child, looking down at her.

"Toby! Ej! We are leaving soon." Y/N squeals, clearly excited to go into town with her Dad.

Ej chuckled before crouching down. "I can see how excited you are, just stay close to Jeff alright?" He said before ruffling her hair.

"Okay!" Y/N giggled before running off to see if anyone else was up.

Running around the corner she saw Jane sitting there on the large steps and ran up, tapping her leg.

"hello Jane." The little girl grinned, looking up at her.

"Oh Y/N." Jane couldn't help but smile, standing from the stairs.

"Me and Jeffy are leaving soon." She announced, her grin large and proud.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." Jane laughs before petting Y/N's head gently.

"Well I hope you have fun, I think you're leaving now." Jane watched Jeff walk in, his eyes flash with anger once he sees Jane but as soon as his eyes wandered to Y/N he smiled larger.

"Jeffy!" The young girl squealed, running into his arms happily.

"Come on Princess, we're leaving now." He announced before taking her to the kitchen and handing her a small backpack.

"Let's go." Jeff nodded to the others before walking hand in hand through the forest with his adopted daughter.

The two stayed silent as they wandered through the dense threes, staying alert and careful.

"Come Y/N, we are taking a short cut." He hums, picking her up and running through the trees.

Y/N simply watched the passing trees with interest and childish curiosity, her little mind thinking a million thoughts at once. She felt grateful she was getting the chance to explore the world outside of the mansion and it made her feel even more love for her 'unique' family. Soon they made it and bright lights filled Y/N's vision, making her hide her face in Jeff's hoodie.