Cold Feet

I massage my hair under the hot water to remove as much hair dye as I can.

"That's what I like about you,

You hold me tight.

Tell me I'm the only one, wanna come over tonight. Yeah.

Keep on whispering in my ear, tell me all the things I want to hear.

'Cause it's true, that's what I like about you."

I sing, turning off the shower and wrapping a towel around my waist.

We need to practice, go through our songs a few times before the tour, I think as I blow dry my hair.

I continue to belt the lyrics humorously as I open the door.

Something smacks against me when I open it, I look down to see a beet red Calum with his head against my chest.

I chuckle a little, "You couldn't have waited two weeks?" I ask rhetorically.

I walk across the hall to my bedroom and Cal follows.

I pull on some boxers, and turn to Calum to tell him something useless that I read on twitter.

"You can look now." I state, and wait for Calum to slowly uncover his face.

"How many times have you seen us naked?" I ask sarcastically.

"Too many to count." He replies, before heading to the living room couch.

Ashton and Luke walk in with at least six bags each.

"God, you guys shop like girls." I mutter before turning my attention back to the tv.

"Us? I had to carry three of Ashton's bags because I turned away for three seconds and he's across the mall looking at stuffed animals." Luke grumbles, dumping the bags onto the couch.

Calum and I are showered with an assortment of plushies.

"I'm stealing this!" I shout at no one in particular as I hug a Rainbow Dash to my chest tightly.

"It matches your boxers." Calum points out before returning his attention to a large stuffed elephant.

"Why ya lookin' there Calum?" Luke jokes, jumping length wise across the couch and mine and Cal's laps.

His cheeks flame up to match the red on Luke's flannel shirt.

"Guys. We're out of ice cream." Ashton says slowly, walking into the room with his hands together.

He lays his hands down on the low rise coffee table like in one of those cop movies. He looks a lot more comical, we use the coffee table for random junk and a foot rest. He literally had to bend really low even with his large hands.

"You know what that means." He looks at each of us in turn, a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"It was a bad idea the first time. I am not doing this again." Luke shakes his head and begins to stand.

"Come on Lady Legs, if you don't participate that makes you the loser by default." I mumble, the corner of my mouth tugging up.

He fiddles with his lip ring before nodding, "Fine, but we play my way."

So here we sat, four teenage boys sitting on the edge of our neighbour's in ground pool. Last time we did this we sat with our shoulders nearly touching, but Luke nearly got sick and the family almost caught us when Calum tripped getting up and tugged on Luke's arm for support.

With Luke breathing down our necks we sat on each corner of the small square pool with our bare legs exposed to the chilly English breeze and freezing chlorinated water.