Judgement Day

What Maleah's Bracelet looks like ^^^^

 ''All the way!'' Cade yelled as he and Maleah waved the tow truck driver in the direction of the barn.

''Do you think Tessa's gonna be mad?'' Maleah asked Cade.

Before he could answer, Tessa came out of the house.

''A truck? Dad, Maleah, please tell me you didn't spend our money on this.'' Tessa said with a slight attitude.

''Oh, no, don't worry, they didn't. They spent my money, a hundred and fifty bucks of it.'' Lucas told her sarcastically.

''As an advance on your regular paycheck.'' Cade told him

''What regular paycheck?'' Lucas asked,confused.

''Which you will get back.'' Maleah said with a smile.

''When?'' Lucas asked.

''Never. We're broke.'' Tessa said

''I knew it.'' Lucas said, sounding like he  just discovered the worlds biggest secret.

Maleah let out a sigh and looked to Tessa.

'' Tessa, Honey, could you please not drive a wedge between employers and employee?'' She asked her with a small smile.

Tessa gave her a small smile back.

''Hold on. I thought we were partners.'' 

''Look, I came up short, okay? I had to buy her a prom dress. You want me to deny her a prom dress?'' Cade stated.

Maleah chuckled.

''You might as well. You denied her a prom date.''

Cade turned to her and gave her a look.

''No, I offered to take her and chaperone. And I thought you were on my side.''

Maleah smiled at him. Cade couldn't help it and gave her a small smile back.

''Nobody wants to go to the dance with their dad, it's weird.'' Lucas told the three of them.

''It's not the issue.'' Cade stated.

''Well, maybe it should be.'' Tessa retorted

''Hey, could you guys just get off my case? You know what the engine on this runs for? I can break it down and strip it for parts. And sweetheart, your shorts are shrinking by the second, okay? Cold water, air dry, please.''

Tessa turned and walked off,muttering to herself.

''Bet you wouldn't say anything if it was Maleah wearing these.''

Maleah, hearing the girl, blushed a little bit as she followed the guys to the garage. Cade handed some stuff to Lucas and told him where to put it.

''That goes by the circuit boards. Put the Zeiss lenses over there.''

Tessa walked into the garage, and stood by Maleah.

''Dad, please. You can't keep spending money on junk just so you can turn it into different junk.''

Maleah, playing around with Tessa, gave out a choked gasp, which turned into rough coughing as something got caught in her throat. Maleah managed to calm down enough to breathe normally.

'' I'm good.''

Cade nodded and looked to Tessa.

''See what you did? We do not use the "J" word in here. That is a Super Simplex theater projector, it's very rare. What about the Smile-Pilot? Or the Exer-Mower that I invented? Simply ahead of their time.''