Chapter 5-Reunion

Optimus is driving down an abandoned road. Cade and Shane sit in the seats, while Maleah sits on the center console practically holding Tessa. Tessa is in shock.

"Lucas. We just left him." Tessa breathes out, and Maleah hugs her tighter while glancing at Cade.

"He's gone, Baby. He's gone." She murmured, trying not to cry.

Cade placed a hand on her knee, trying to comfort her. Maleah gave him a sad smile, thanking him. Optimus stopped in front of an abandoned gas station. The four of them got out, and Maleah started walking towards the entrance as Optimus transformed.

"My deepest condolences for the loss of your friend. Stay here until I'm sure we weren't followed. We are all targets now." Optimus said as Maleah broke the tattered lock off of the station door.

She heard Optimus drive off.

"So we're hiding out now? That's the plan? We're taking orders from a truck?" Shane started complaining.

"Well, you got a better idea?" Maleah retorted as she got the door open and went inside, the others following behind her.

Maleah walked behind the counter and pulled both of her guns (that she had managed to somehow grab as they were running from savoy) and set them on the counter. The others sat down and it became quiet, the only sound being Maleah cleaning her guns. Then Tessa spoke up.

"Well, bright side, you guys met."

Cade scoffed.

"Where's he from?"

"I told you, he's a driver from Texas."

Maleah frowned as she finished cleaning her first gun.

"Then why the hell does he sound like a leprechaun?"

"You'd get your ass kicked I Ireland for saying that." Shane stated.

Maleah glared at him as she loaded her first gun, making Shane flinch. She snorted as she put her first gun up in it's holster and started to clean her second one.

"Well, we're not in Ireland, lucky charms, we're in Texas."

Cade turned to look at Tessa, who was messing with a set of Christmas lights."

"And so he drives? Like, for a living?" he asked.

"Yea, at least he makes a living."

Maleah winced and Cade gave her his bitch face.

"Thank you." He stated.

"Look," Shane started. " I race rally cars. One driver, one navigator. Her. I'm totally legit, just got picked up by Red-bull. And just so you know, my life savings was in that car back there."

"This is not happening." Cade said.

"Oh, it definitely is."

"How old are you?" Maleah asked, putting her second gun away and crossing her arms over her chest.

"Twenty."

"Pedophile." Maleah said with a shrug of her shoulders and a nod of the head.

"She's a seventeen year old girl. So we can work this in two ways. One, I punch you in the mouth and you call the police on me," Cade started.

"Dad."

"Or two, I just call the cops on you because this is illegal, she's a minor." Cade finished.

"Or three, I rip you in half." Maleah said with a sarcastic grin, her eyes flashing red.

The three of them looked at her, and she raised an eyebrow.

"What? I felt left out."

Shane looked at her cautiously while Cade and Tessa just shook their heads.