Chapter 4-- Tessa's got a boyfriend?

"Cade, Maleah, I am in your debt." Optimus said as he let out a shuddering breath.

Maleah smiled softly at the robot she looked up to as a father figure. Optimus looked at her, and tried to move.

"The Autobots, they're in danger." he said.

Optimus collapsed and Maleah rushed towards him as pieces of his armor fell off.

" I need to go. I need to get to them."

Maleah placed her hands on each side of his mouth, where his cheeks would've been if he were human.

"Prime, you're to injured to go anywhere." she quietly said.

"How far do you think you would get before you collapsed?"

"Tessa, come here honey, he needs our help." Maleah said as Tessa slowly made her way towards Maleah.

"What happened to you?" Maleah asked.

"An ambush, a trap, set by humans."

Optimus started to cough.

"I escaped and took this form."

"But you're on our side. Why would humans hurt you?" Tessa asked, stepping closer.

"They were not alone. But my Autobots can repair me." Optimus stated

"You won't make it far, not with these injuries." Maleah told him.

Cade agreed with her.

"She's right. But what if we could help?"

----------------------------------------

Cade handed Lucas a list.

"Go to the hardware store and you get the list. The whole list."

Lucas takes it and stuffs it in his pocket.

"What, your going to try and fix him? He's not a model train set Cade!" Lucas stated.

"No, that's right. He's important." Maleah growled.

Lucas flinched.

"Yeah, but important to who, Maleah? You can't keep an alien locked up in the barn. What are you gonna do, play with him?"

Maleah grabbed a socket wrench and stepped towards Lucas threatingly.

"He's my friend Lucas."

Optimus placed his hand in front of Maleah, stopping her.

"Easy, General."

Maleah backed off with a roll of her eyes and set the socket wrench back on the work bench before she started working on Optimus's armor. Cade looked at Lucas.

"Just chill."

"I'm trying to, but I just got hit in the head with a ten foot cannon! If he eats you, I get the GTO."

Lucas leaves the barn.

"He better not say shit." Maleah stated.

That night, Maleah and Cade sat on top of the barn, drinking a beer as Optimus rested below them.

"Why does Optimus call you General?" Cade asked.

Maleah chuckled and looked at the bracelet on her wrist. She lifts it up so that it shines in the moonlight.

"After the first battle between the Autobots and Decepticons, when I helped my brother shove the cube into Megatron's chest, part of the cube broke off and formed into this. Optimus told me that that made me a Guardian of the Cybertronian race.."