Chapter 3

About three months passed since Jesse found Stella and convinced her to come to Beacontown. The word got out that Stella was expecting a baby, but it was still only Jesse who was aware of Stella's relationship with Romeo. She kept her promise to Stella that she wouldn't tell anyone, and they only hoped that when the baby is born, it wouldn't have Romeo's powers or not look like he was related to Romeo too much.

And the day finally arrived. It was time for the baby to be born.

Jesse waited in the treasure room with anxiety. Lukas and Lluna were there to keep her company. In the early hours of the morning, Stella had gone into labor. Jesse rushed out and returned with the doctor and a couple nurses. Now, all they could do was wait as the doctor took care of Stella.

A few hours had already passed, and it was after noon now. Jesse, Lukas, and Lluna were still waiting in the treasure room. They heard the door open, and Radar walked in. He was carrying some food.

"I got us all some lunch, since I figured you guys were hungry," he said.

"Thank you, Radar," said Jesse.

Radar handed some food to Lukas and Jesse. He pulled out an apple and gave it to Lluna. The llama munched on it quickly, while the humans took their time and ate their food at a slower pace.

"Anything happened while I was out?" asked Radar.

"The baby hasn't been born yet. We just have to keep waiting," said Lukas.

"I wonder if it'll be a boy or a girl," said Radar. "Stella did never check with the doctor for an ultrasound. I wonder why she never checked."

"Maybe she just wanted to be surprised when the baby's born," said Jesse.

She knew that wasn't the truth. Jesse did bring up the idea of an ultrasound to Stella, but even though she did want to try it, Stella refused. She feared that if she went to get an ultrasound done to see the gender of her baby, then if there were any hints to Romeo being the father could've been revealed. And that was the last thing that Stella wanted to happen.

"I don't blame her. Some people do like to be surprised. My mom told me that she did that trick with the cake when she found out that she was having me," said Lukas.

"Cake trick?" asked Jesse.

"It's when you get an ultrasound, you ask the doctor to write out the baby's gender on a note. You take the note to a bakery, and have them bake you a cake. You cut the cake, and the color inside will tell you the gender. Pink for a girl, and blue for a boy," said Lukas.

"I never heard of it. It honestly sounds fun," said Jesse.

"Maybe I'll try it out if I ever become a dad..." said Lukas. He blushed slightly, and even looked at Jesse.

Jesse blushed a bit as well. Lluna couldn't help but smirk, while Radar was clueless to what they were feeling.

Before anyone could say anything, they heard someone come in. It was the doctor.

"Doctor? How is Stella and her baby?" asked Jesse.

"They're both doing fine. The nurses are watching over them right now. Stella will be out for a bit. We had to give her some medicine for a C-section. But she'll be alright, and her baby is healthy," said the doctor. He smiled at Jesse as he spoke.

Jesse let out a sigh of relief.

"You can't see Stella right now, but would you like to see her baby?" said the doctor.

"Sure. I'd like to see the baby," said Jesse.

Jesse followed the doctor down the hallway. Lukas and Radar stayed in the treasure room, but Lluna quickly trotted to catch up to Jesse and the doctor. One of the nurses was standing outside of the room where Stella was resting, and they were holding a blue bundle.